website statistics

Figure Skating ISU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Justyna Plutowska & Jeremie Flemin retired after last season so good luck in finding a second :POL dance pair who can qualify :p

Maybe they will "unretire", lately Oktawia Nowacka did it and also 36yo Paweł Korzeniowski will try qualify to another Olympics tomorrow and in Sunday at Polish Grand Prix :p

I know there is a whole other group left, but unless some absolutely insane things happen this is basically done.

Women's singles quotas, assuming there isn't any meltdown of historical proportion:

3 quotas:

:RUS:JPN

2 quotas:

:USA:KOR

1 quota:

:BEL:AUT:AZE:CAN:EST:SWE:NED:BUL:GER:GEO:CHN:CZE:GBR:FIN

Countries that can earn an extra spot:

:BEL:AUT

The USA needs Karen Chen to finish third or better to be able to earn a third spot.

57 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I know there is a whole other group left, but unless some absolutely insane things happen this is basically done.

Women's singles quotas, assuming there isn't any meltdown of historical proportion:

3 quotas:

:RUS:JPN

2 quotas:

:USA:KOR

1 quota:

:BEL:AUT:AZE:CAN:EST:SWE:NED:BUL:GER:GEO:CHN:CZE:GBR:FIN

Countries that can earn an extra spot:

:BEL:AUT

The USA needs Karen Chen to finish third or better to be able to earn a third spot.

Japan gets their third spot and the US are eligible to earn a third spot with nothing to spare - both accumulated 13 points.

The US maintained eligibility for a third spot by 0.21 points... that was a close call.

21 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Is Trusova’s 12th to 3rd the biggest climb in position at WCh?

It's not if you consider the old compulsory figures. Denise Biellmann was notoriously bad at CP and Janet Lynn won silver in 1973 despite 12th in short program (but she was 1-2 in free & compulsory).

I recall one totally forgettable short from Maria Butyrskaya before she climbed up after free but don't remember the year anymore.

6 hours ago, intoronto said:

Did the French ice dance couple retire?

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

I would be pretty angry if I was the second or third French dance team tbh.

Oh well, I guess they had a mental breakdown when they suddenly got defeated by Russians last year...

And by suddenly I mean after a 15-minute delay of their score. Not shady at all... :whistle:

#banbestmen

29 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Japan gets their third spot and the US are eligible to earn a third spot with nothing to spare - both accumulated 13 points.

The US maintained eligibility for a third spot by 0.21 points... that was a close call.

In conspiracy, we call it script. Judges still want to give US 3 quotas.

15 hours ago, NearPup said:

I’m actually pretty sure Czechia has already locked in qualification in both men’s and women’s singles.

Yep, it seems that way. Heard some rumours the quota might be counted differently. But hope the quota for Czechs will remain unchanged. We are missing Ice Dance though. Hoping to qualify from Nebelhorn Trophy in the fall. 

29 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Yep, it seems that way. Heard some rumours the quota might be counted differently. But hope the quota for Czechs will remain unchanged. We are missing Ice Dance though. Hoping to qualify from Nebelhorn Trophy in the fall. 

I am quite frustrated at how vaguely the qualification system is written tbh.