website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Championships 2018

AlFHg

36 minuti fa, hckosice ha scritto:

Mixed Trap should definitely be our biggest medal chance in Tokyo, I believe. If there anything else, this one should help our Olympic team to return back home with at least 1 medal

Mixed team events in shooting are going to be very thrilling since two teams per nation will be allowed to compete. I really hope tomorrow Italy will take the quota, otherwise is going to be difficult to qualify individually two teams. (Differently from skeet, where Italy actually is very very strong, trap is somehow descending in quality, although I think Marongiu and Palmitessa will become very good shooters).

2 minuti fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

Mixed team events in shooting are going to be very thrilling since two teams per nation will be allowed to compete. I really hope tomorrow Italy will take the quota, otherwise is going to be difficult to qualify individually two teams. (Differently from skeet, where Italy actually is very very strong, trap is somehow descending in quality, although I think Marongiu and Palmitessa will become very good shooters).

naaa, we still have a lot of young talents (and a very wide field of shooters where to choose from) also in Trap...

and I'm pretty sure we're gonna get the full set of Olympic spots even if we miss out here in Changwon...

Shotgun Shooting is "our" sport (like Fencing)...we can have a bad day, a bad year...even a bad decade...but we always gonna be the team to beat in all of our opponents' mind...:pope:;)

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Men's 50m 3 position Quotas: :POL:CRO:USA:NOR

Gorsa already won one in air rifle. The fourth one goes to China due to Yang's fifth place.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice @prso1000 already posted about this.

Edited by Vojthas

31 minuti fa, dcro ha scritto:

What happens if Slovakia qualifies a mixed pair? They get to enter additional two athlete in trap as well?

good question...

since it's possible for an athlete to earn a mixed team quota place and then also an individual one, I interpretate this as a big "yes"...SVK should have 2 men and 2 women qualified after today's event...

but I'd wait for confirmation, since this qualification procedure looks like a mess (just as usual)...

by the way, Italy have 2 teams in the final and don't get even a medal (not talking of quota places, which were out of any chance already after a few targets)...:facepalm::wall:

these championships are a real disaster for us...:redcard::sick::zip: