website statistics

Equestrian FEI World Games 2018

AlFHg

1 hour ago, dcro said:

:SWE Freskgard and :RSA Scott are out, everyone else will start tomorrow in reverse order. Competition will start at 10am local time.

So I finish work at 16:30 Irish time.... how many of our guys will I get to see if I get home by, let's say 17:00? :d

7 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

So I finish work at 16:30 Irish time.... how many of our guys will I get to see if I get home by, let's say 17:00? :d

So that would be 2 hours after the start... :mumble: You won't get to see Patricia for sure, perhaps also not Sam and Cathal. But I'm sure you will see Sarah and Padraig.

I guess there will likely be some breaks though (arena maintenance etc), in this big field of 70 starters... There is also quite often a longer break before the final 25 starters in these kind of competitions, so Sam could be safe too. :d

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

So that would be 2 hours after the start... :mumble: You won't get to see Patricia for sure, perhaps also not Sam and Cathal. But I'm sure you will see Sarah and Padraig.

I guess there will likely be some breaks though (arena maintenance etc), in this big field of 70 starters... There is also quite often a longer break before the final 25 starters in these kind of competitions, so Sam could be safe too. :d

Thanks for the info :)

I will leave a trail of dust in my wake tomorrow, because as soon as 16:30 comes, I am outta there! :d

It should be a tight battle between :AUS:GER:SWE:USA:NED:NZL and even :CAN for the final 3 Olympic spots. :GBR:IRL:FRA are well in front, so it would take a disaster for them to lose a spot. Although saying that, the French are definitely not the best of jumpers...

Australians are probably the best rated show jumpers, so I don't see them losing a spot. Germany and Sweden are somewhat worse, but not too bad overall. Americans may struggle to have more than one clear. Dutch are probably the worst jumpers of the lot, so they have an outside chance at best. New Zealand can bring 3 clears. Canada is not that far, but they aren't particularly consistent jumpers either (aside from Colleen Loach).

Show jumping will have 4* technical difficulty, compared to 3* cross-country, so it could easily be overinflutential... But by the same token, there was a rest day in between so the level of jumping might improve.

#banbestmen