website statistics

Sailing WS World Championships 2018

AlFHg

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't have the illusion that any of us can make better photos of the action than the professionals, I'm mostly interested in a general picture of how it's looking there at the coast :p 

Well. I did catch some pretty decent pictures when we hosted the 49er Europeans :p

But will do.

BTW decent windy conditions with some foiling action from some of the Nacras training.

Not the best 4th race for :DENAnne-Marie Rindom, 18th. Besides that, she is number 2 in the overall ranking after 4 races (with discard) :thumbup::cheer:

Also some love and respect to one of our Nordic brothers, :SWEAnton Dahlberg and Frederik Bergstroem are leading men's 470 after 6 races (with discard) :thumbup::cheer:

Edited by wumo26

vor 20 Stunden schrieb phelps:

day #2 recap

Men's Laser (2 races): :NZL Sam Meech 2 pts, :FIN Kaarle Tapper 4 pts, :GBR Nick Thompson 5 pts

Women's Laser Radial (2 races): :GRE Vasileia Karachaliou 3 pts, :USA Paige Riley 3 pts, :NED Marit Bouwmeester 5 pts, :NOR Line Flem Host 5 pts

Finn (4 races): :NED Pieter-Jan Postma 7 pts, :CAN Tom Ramshaw 12 pts, :CRO Josip Olujic 12 pts

Men's 470 (4 races): :JPN Kazuto Doi/Naoya Kimura 9 pts, :SWE Anton Dahlberg/Fredrik Bergstrom 9 pts, :ESP Jordi Xammar Hernandez/Nicolàs Rodrìguez Garcìa-Paz 11 pts

Women's 470 (4 races): :JPN Ai Kondo Yoshida/Miho Yoshioka 10 pts, :GBR Hannah Mills/Eilidh McIntyre 11 pts, :FRA Camille Lecointre/Aloise Retornaz 12 pts

Japan is good in sailing? :mumble:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 minuti fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Japan is good in sailing? :mumble:

not generally speaking, but they have good tradition in 470 class, especially on the women's side...

Ai Kondo is a longtime medal contender in this class and I had no doubt she would get even better now that she has the chance to sail the Olympic regatta at home (probably Tokyo 2020 will be her last outing in this class, too)...

the male crew is more a surprise at this level, but not a Cinderella story like Ireland at the hockey world cup, just to make an example...

vor 9 Minuten schrieb phelps:

not generally speaking, but they have good tradition in 470 class, especially on the women's side...

Ai Kondo is a longtime medal contender in this class and I had no doubt she would get even better now that she has the chance to sail the Olympic regatta at home (probably Tokyo 2020 will be her last outing in this class, too)...

the male crew is more a surprise at this level, but not a Cinderella story like Ireland at the hockey world cup, just to make an example...

Not really sailing related ... but: Has Ireland beaten any good team at the hockey world cup? In my opinion they got lucky with the draw/underperforming of big nations, dont see them coming anywhere near a medal in 2020.

Edit: Also has nothing to do with the sailing world championships, but i recently looked up the results of the sailing youth world championships and if those results have any "value", then USA will be a sailing powerhouse in a couple of years, they won like half of the gold medals at the youth world championships.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Adesso, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Not really sailing related ... but: Has Ireland beaten any good team at the hockey world cup? In my opinion they got lucky with the draw/underperforming of big nations, dont see them coming anywhere near a medal in 2020.

when you're not among the strongest teams entering an event, you always need some luck/good draw...

they've been able to take advantage of the other teams' mistakes (England was supposed to dominate their group in the 1st stage and be where Ireland is now, but they didn't...so, we have this nice Irish tale)...

however, I also think they won't be among the top 4 in Tokyo...actually, I think they won't even qualify for the Olympics (where I guess there will be only 4, max 5 European teams -NED, GER, GBR, BEL and maybe ESP- no ITA nor IRL, I fear)...