website statistics

Sailing WS World Championships 2018

AlFHg

14 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Is Giles Scott not in the Finn competition? I don't see him anywhere in the results.

It's described here why he isn't participating at the WCH

https://britishsailingteam.rya.org.uk/olympic-star-mills-to-headline-britains-sailing-world-championships-team/

4 minutes ago, chrischi08 said:

So, how does the Finn coompetition work with the 2 races? Is it randomly drawn before each race who is in which race or is there a system?

During the qualifying races, fleets are reassinged on each day. Before the first day a seeding committee decides the fleets, while afterwards it's based on rankings.

After six races. field will be divided in gold and silver fleet (top half in gold, bottom half in silver).

#banbestmen

2 ore fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

I didn't get how the live stream worked :cry: no Finn was streamed or it's me got it wrong?

If anybody knows: in the schedule it is said that two races had to be run today for 470 M%W and Finn. It is meant that two races per fleet had to be run or two races in total (that is, 1 x fleet)?

the stream only covers one regatta course...therefore everyday you only see the class racing on that specific course...today it was 470, tomorrow should be Finn...

today were scheduled 2 races for each of the 3 classes, but since there was not enough wind early in the day, all the races were postponed and the second race (in all classes but the women's 470) were postponed to tomorrow beacuse they got too late in the day with the 1st race in each class...

tomorrow the women's 470 class and the Finn class will try to have 3 races to get back in line with the schedule...

Edited by phelps

by the way, the leaders after today's races in each class are:

Finn (1 race): :BRA Jorge Zarif (Yellow Fleet) & :CRO Josip Olujic (Blue Fleet), 1 pt

Men's 470 (1 race): :GRE Panagiotis Mantis/Pavlos Kagialis (Blue Fleet) &  :SWE Anton Dahlberg/Fredrik Bergstrom (Yellow Fleet), 1 pt

Women's 470 (2 races): 1st, :FRA  Camille Lecointre/Aloise Retornaz (8 pts), 2nd :JPN Ai Kondo-Yoshida/Miho Yoshioka (13 pts), 3rd :SUI Linda Fahrni/Maja Siegenthaler (14 pts)

Edited by phelps

1 ora fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

Honestly, I didn’t know there were more courses, I thought all races were to be hold on the same track. I hope they will stream Nacra17, I’m really curious to watch it.

for sure they will (not all races, obviously...it's the same also at the Olympics, unfortunately...there's always only one TV course and many more not covered by live pictures)...

Nacra are often really spectacular, but they need some wind, otherwise they just can't raise above the water and literally fly (which is their most spectacular feature)...