website statistics

Table Tennis ATTU Asian Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

So Mongolia had to defeat in one match another athlete from Mongolia to qualify for the Olympics ? wtf ? I mean seriously ?

That’s how Canada qualified in both men’s and women’s singles, too. Canada even declined their first men’s single quota to send two male athletes (since the winner of that match also qualified in mixed doubles) xD

(To be fair, Mo Zhang would have qualified by ranking otherwise)

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

That’s how Canada qualified in both men’s and women’s singles, too. Canada even declined their first men’s single quota to send two male athletes (since the winner of that match also qualified in mixed doubles) xD

(To be fair, Mo Zhang would have qualified by ranking otherwise)

This is insane and so incredibly unfair at the same time :lol:

47 minutes ago, hckošice said:

This is insane and so incredibly unfair at the same time :lol:

The most egregious part is that either Canada or the US is always guaranteed a team. Though as someone who happens to be both Canadian and American I can’t say I mind too much :P

Though arguably no country has it easier than Australia when it comes to Table Tennis qualification.

At least Australia has to earn its spot by defeating New Zealand and other Pacific nations. While technically other nation besides Canada and USA compete in North America they rarely, if ever compete.

North and Latin America need to be merged or at the very least better divided.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Sutirtha Mukherjee of :IND beat :IND for quota in W  Singles. :lol:

Sathiyan Gnanasekaran of :IND won a 3 players round robin against :IND & :PAK to earn the M quota

All the 4 Indians have qualified but.. Still I feel bad for women's team losing to Romania 2-3 so so close last year at team qualifications. Men's team ranked 8th in the world yet lost to a lower ranked Slovenia effortlessly

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

All the 4 Indians have qualified but.. Still I feel bad for women's team losing to Romania 2-3 so so close last year at team qualifications. Men's team ranked 8th in the world yet lost to a lower ranked Slovenia effortlessly

yeah shame there no south asia team qualification tournament :d

unlike South Asia and East Asia, there is a competition for both quotas in Middle Asia!

it seems Alamian brothers are going to meet in the semifinal :( unless Noshad does something stupid and losses intentionally. but that would be very stupid. after all it's just 1 quota and they had to face at some point.

Neda Shahsavari also looked good in the first day, still she has to win SF and the final to qualify. she will lose in the first round at the olympics even if she qualifies but if she does, she will be the first Iranian girl to participate in 3 Olympics. considering the limitations for women here, that will be a huge achievement itself.