website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF World Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I don't think this is correct. Canada has 2 already qualified, and one competing here in the men's tournament.

I think Canada qualified only 1 player for the singles competition. the other guy in mixed doubles doesn't count.

58 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Samsonov withdrew. not sure if he was really injured or he was sure about the qualification via the World Ranking.

Perhaps. Currently one quota place is available via the World Rankings though that will increase as the mixed double qualifiers are confirmed.

19 hours ago, intoronto said:

I don't think this is correct. Canada has 2 already qualified, and one competing here in the men's tournament.

I meant 2 overall per Singles event, either male or female. So since Canada already qualified 1 player for both genders then can only qualify 1 more per gender 

:NED Britt Eerland won her group and therefore meets the international qualification criteria. However, she hasn’t met the Dutch criteria yet, so she’s not sure of Tokyo yet. She has to be in the top 16 of the world ranking counting max 2 athletes per country. She’s currently 18th on that ranking.

She’s the best Dutch player by far and placed 28th on the world rankings at the moment. At times I really don’t understand the Dutch NOC’s criteria. :wacko: