website statistics

Karate WKF Premier League 2021

phelps

Italy lost by Hantei to Jordan

so that's it :EGY Ali El-Sawy is 100% qualified for Tokyo, no matter what happens in the rest of the competition. even if he finishes 5th.

Figueira has to prepare himself for the last chance qualifier in France, same as our guys in this weight

btw technically it's not over yet, El Sawy still can punch the ref to the face and get disqualified :p (and receive 0 points) but I assume that's not a possibility :p

I think El Sawy was guaranteed a place even if he wouldn't make it here, he was the best ranked African male athlete. but with this, he opened the door for another male Egyptian Karateka to qualify in another weight.

but in the continent of America, they have another way to determine their continental places, only Pan American Games gold medal winners has a chance and unfortunately for Figueira he didn't win the gold in Peru back in 2019.

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

btw technically it's not over yet, El Sawy still can punch the ref to the face and get disqualified :p (and receive 0 points) but I assume that's not a possibility :p

Full House 90S Tv GIF

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think El Sawy was guaranteed a place even if he wouldn't make it here, he was the best ranked African male athlete. but with this, he opened the door for another male Egyptian Karateka to qualify in another weight.

but in the continent of America, they have another way to determine their continental places, only Pan American Games gold medal winners has a chance and unfortunately for Figueira he didn't win the gold in Peru back in 2019.

Exactly. Now only the event in Paris for him. I cant believe that we have more chance now with Kumizaki than with Figueira

24 minutes ago, Laraja said:

I cant believe that we have more chance now with Kumizaki than with Figueira

I think Kumizaki can't beat Grande of Peru for the 1st Pan-Am female quota, but she has a very good chance for the last quote but that will depend on Africa too. the gender of last Pan-Am quota will be decided by Africa ! if a boy qualifies from Africa, then Pan-Am qualifier will be a girl and that quota will go to Kumizaki.

remember they award the continental quotas after the Paris event, so we have to wait a long time for that.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I think Kumizaki can't beat Grande of Peru for the 1st Pan-Am female quota, but she has a very good chance for the last quote but that will depend on Africa too. the gender of last Pan-Am quota will be decided by Africa ! if a boy qualifies from Africa, then Pan-Am qualifier will be a girl and that quota will go to Kumizaki.

remember they award the continental quotas after the Paris event, so we have to wait a long time for that.

Yeah her possibility is the last quota. I remember to do this calculation a long time ago haha

But she is in a good situation to take it at least. She won the Panamerican Games, which Vinicius didn't.

I am very disappointe with this result :wall:

Worst of all was the confusion created by the WKF! They confirmed the quota for Vinicius last year, including informing the Brazilian Olympic Committee. Weeks later they went back because they decided to make a new tournament to close the ranking! Total disorganization!