website statistics

American Football Discussion Thread

Maxim Fastovsky

the worst NFL season since many, many years got the worst SB since many, many years, the worst possible winner and the worst halftime show ever...:rofl::facepalm:

even the commercials were really ordinary...:(

that's definitely deserved...and it couldn't have been different, I suppose...:whistle:

luckily, it's over...

hope next season's gonna be better (it won't be difficult, I guess)...

p.s. I agree on the killing of Bud Knight as the highlight of night...:lol:

Edited by phelps

1 hour ago, phelps said:

the worst NFL season since many, many years got the worst SB since many, many years, the worst possible winner and the worst halftime show ever...:rofl::facepalm:

that's definitely deserved...and it couldn't have been different, I suppose...:whistle:

luckily, it's over...

I am glad that MLS final had more spectators than SB. :)

Why worst halftime show?

Let's face it, gospel & Maroon 5 which looked like grumpy old men tbh. Katy Perry & the dolphins set the standard and this wasn't even close!

It really suits the NFL hype that in a season which broke so many offensive records we had the fewest points in SB history! That 54-51 MNF showdown looks so epicly hilarious right now. Defense STILL wins the championship! :bye:

2 hours ago, phelps said:

luckily, it's over...

Would only say 2nd worst. The Black Eyed Peas were a disaster! ;)

2 ore fa, ChandlerMne ha scritto:

I am glad that MLS final had more spectators than SB. :)

Why worst halftime show?

without going down to my personal taste in terms of music, only looking at the show itself, I didn't like Maroon 5 (and supporting cast) at all...no special effects, no particularly emotional interpretation of their songs, no virtuosisms...it was just like watching an ordinary MTV video rather than a live show...;)

as someone else said, Katy Perry raised the bar of the SB HT show to a level which nobody has got even close yet...and normally I'm not a big fan of her (if we talk about music only, of course ;))...

50 minutes ago, phelps said:

without going down to my personal taste in terms of music, only looking at the show itself, I didn't like Maroon 5 (and supporting cast) at all...no special effects, no particularly emotional interpretation of their songs, no virtuosisms...it was just like watching an ordinary MTV video rather than a live show...;)

as someone else said, Katy Perry raised the bar of the SB HT show to a level which nobody has got even close yet...and normally I'm not a big fan of her (if we talk about music only, of course ;))...

Show wise, sure she did, but to me it really isn't close to my top. 

But then again, I'm the kind of guy who every year wants them to go back to rock (or at least some better pop artistis). But I guess we'll need another wardrobe malfunction for them to make "the safe choice", which apparently my choice is :p

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Blasphemy!

Nah. Fergie is a terrible live performer and butchering Sweet Child O' Mine just made it worse...

5 minuti fa, Agger ha scritto:

Show wise, sure she did, but to me it really isn't close to my top. 

But then again, I'm the kind of guy who every year wants them to go back to rock (or at least some better pop artistis). But I guess we'll need another wardrobe malfunction for them to make "the safe choice", which apparently my choice is :p

:lol:

but now it's impossible, as they have a 5-sec delay just to cover possible upsets like Janet Jackson's...:evil::facepalm:

as I said, Katy Perry is not close to my top, too...but her HT show was memorable...

and in a kind of show like that, I think coreography and special effects are even more important than the music itself...

by the way, as a R&B and Hip-Hop fan, I think last night's appearance by Big Boi and Travis Scott was almost insulting...:facepalm:

8 minuti fa, LDOG ha scritto:

I don't get why anyone would find this sport enjoyable. It's 10 minutes of actual play and the rest is teams setting up and commercials. Unbearable. 

there are a lot of things to be appreciated...the athletic performance, the tactical battle between the 2 sides, the metaphores you can read through the development of play...

(American) Football is a "summa" of features needed to succeed in many other sports...

and you don't need to watch a full game live (with all its stoppages and commercials)...you can always opt for delayed games (with all the dead moments cut off) or summaries...;)