website statistics

American Football Discussion Thread

Maxim Fastovsky

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Basically: the ball has to get to the end zone (much like in rugby) :p 

You've got four chances (downs) to gain 10 yards, when you have gained 10 yards, you get a new set of downs (meaning you start with 1st down). That's the very basic thought :p 

thanks for this info. , i also have another question as long as u finish your 4 attempts , u can kick the ball from what ever spot of the field and if u score u get 3 points , or the ball should be in your opponent last 10 yards ? 

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

thanks for this info. , i also have another question as long as u finish your 4 attempts , u can kick the ball from what ever spot of the field and if u score u get 3 points , or the ball should be in your opponent last 10 yards ? 

@Agger This one is for you, I have no idea :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

You can kick from everywhere, yes. Usually you kick if you didn't make the 10 yards in 3 attempts and you have the ball within about 30 yards from the end zone (the end zone is 10 yards deep and the holder gets the ball about 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage (where the ball was stopped in the latest completed play), meaning that about 17 yards is added to the length of the kick). The longest kicks have been more than 60 yards, but usually they don't go for more than just above 50 (depending on how good the kicker is).

So yeah. They can kick anytime and anywhere they want, but usually they only do it when necessary (you won't get longer or time is running out)

• 6 months later...

NFL News:

Quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, has signed a four-year, $134 million extension with Green Bay Packers. This contract will make him the highest paid player in NFL history. :yikes:

It is reported that he will earn more than $80 million by March 2019. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000952107/article/aaron-rodgers-agrees-to-4year-134m-extension

Another big story from NFL is that wide receiver, Odell Beckam Jr. from the New York Giants, has signed a five-year extension deal, which is reported to be worth $95 million, making him the highest paid wide receiver in NFL history. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000951811/article/giants-sign-odell-beckham-to-5year-95m-extension

Money is no problem in NFL :p

Edited by wumo26

2 hours ago, wumo26 said:

Money is no problem in NFL :p

The kneeling players is there biggest “problem” apparently :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Yeah... 

I know players has been told/forced to stand up for the national anthem, but a player like Malcom Jenkins, from The Eagles, has been quite vocal about why the players are kneeling. I don't know if he will still kneel on the field under the national anthem, or just follow this new stupid rule? I hope he will do the former. 

Edited by wumo26

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The kneeling players is there biggest “problem” apparently :facepalm:

When kneeling players is your biggest problem, you know your league is doing quite well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

56 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Yeah... 

I know players has been told/forced to stand up for the national anthem, but a player like Malcom Jenkins, from The Eagles, has been quite vocal about why the players are kneeling. I don't know if he will still kneel on the field under the national anthem, or just follow this new stupid rule? I hope he will do the former. 

I’m honestly boycotting the NFL currently, so I wouldn’t know unless it makes the news

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela