website statistics

Sailing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

It's unbelievable how many times Berecz fucks up the start of the race... Almost every time. He's really lucky that the the field in Finn is small and there still seem to be a big skill difference between the top sailors and the rest because the top sailors are almost never in danger of finishing outside of the Top10. Which means that no matter how much Berecz fucks up the start, he almost always saves it, just like in Race 9 where we was 13th at the first mark and then he climbed up to the 4th place by the end. 

Anyway, Berecz is still 3rd, if he can finish in the Top5 in the last two races, he won't lose the medal. Giles Scott is already the winner of this event, maybe Berecz would have had a chance against him if his starts wouldn't be dreadful for some reason. 

Yeah I'm pissed at how our guy can't ever get back any ground because the medal positions never finish worse than 6th lol

A lot of movement possible in laser radial, might be one of the more competitive medal races at Tokyo 2020.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Rindom on her way to gold after all :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I almost never watch sailing so correct me if I am wrong about this: Berecz is 10 points ahead of the Dutch who's in the 4th place and Berecz's worst placement is a 9th. If he can keep this 10 points distance between him and the sailors behind him during Race 10 AND his discarded score remains the 9, he can't finish worst than 3rd in the overall ranking, right? 

Italian out, that helps Rindom even more.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

I almost never watch sailing so correct me if I am wrong about this: Berecz is 10 points ahead of the Dutch who's in the 4th place and Berecz's worst placement is a 9th. If he can keep this 10 points distance between him and the sailors behind him for the medal race AND his discarded score remains the 9, he can't finish worst than 3rd in the overall ranking, right? 

No. Medal race must count and the points are doubled. A gap of 18 points or less can be made up in a medal race.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

No. Medal race must count and the points are doubled. A gap of 18 points or less can be made up in a medal race.

20 points even with some luck. If you win the race, you make up 20 points to potential DQ'ed sailors who get 22 points.

Just now, dcro said:

Oh, ok, I though that the medal race can be discarded. It's kind of bullshit that one race matters more than the others, but oh well, it's still better than one race deciding everything.