website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2018

heywoodu

Miami, Vietnam, 2020 is going to be full...I wonder if they will actually happen since nothing is confirmed yet :p 

Meanwhile in the Netherlands the battle has been big in recent years (especially since Max Verstappen's entry) between Assen and Zandvoort and finally there seems to be news....according to a prince, who owns the historic Zandvoort track, Formula One Management has made an offer and if they sign it (costs are 30-40 million euros) the Grand Prix of the Netherlands will be back after 35 years in 2020, in Zandvoort :yikes: :hyper: 

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2752533/formule-1-kiest-voor-zandvoort

That'd be so freaking awesome, I love Zandvoort. Assen is cool too, but for motorbikes mostly, Zandvoort is one of the most charming tracks in the world, hidden in the dunes and right by the sea.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 01/11/2018 at 14:39, wumo26 said:

It has now been confirmed by F1, after the Hanoi city officials accidentally spilled the news too early. One small problem with the GP of Vietnam though: it looks like they ran out of budget and had no money to buy some inspiration anymore, so they came up with this monstrosity straight from F1 hell :lol:

nhxMoXP.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It has now been confirmed by F1, after the Hanoi city officials accidentally spilled the news too early. One small problem with the GP of Vietnam though: it looks like they ran out of budget and had no money to buy some inspiration anymore, so they came up with this monstrosity straight from F1 hell :lol:

nhxMoXP.jpg

It was like the designer of the circuit suddenly discovered it wasn't long enough and just said, "Fuck it, I just make Formula 1's longest straight, which looks like a very long and thin penis, everyone will like that idea". 

1 minute ago, wumo26 said:

It was like the designer of the circuit suddenly discovered it wasn't long enough and just said, "Fuck it, I just make Formula 1's longest straight, which looks like a very long and thin penis, everyone will like that idea". 

Sort of the opposite of what one would expect in eastern Asia :p 

On 02/11/2018 at 00:18, heywoodu said:

Miami, Vietnam, 2020 is going to be full...I wonder if they will actually happen since nothing is confirmed yet :p 

Meanwhile in the Netherlands the battle has been big in recent years (especially since Max Verstappen's entry) between Assen and Zandvoort and finally there seems to be news....according to a prince, who owns the historic Zandvoort track, Formula One Management has made an offer and if they sign it (costs are 30-40 million euros) the Grand Prix of the Netherlands will be back after 35 years in 2020, in Zandvoort :yikes: :hyper: 

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2752533/formule-1-kiest-voor-zandvoort

That'd be so freaking awesome, I love Zandvoort. Assen is cool too, but for motorbikes mostly, Zandvoort is one of the most charming tracks in the world, hidden in the dunes and right by the sea.

Assen would be horrible for car racing, it's too narrow with too many chicanes to make it exciting for F1. It's like mixing Catalunya & modern Imola together. It works for bikes which don't have issues with the aero slipstreaming F1 is unable to deal with over the past several years.

47 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Assen would be horrible for car racing, it's too narrow with too many chicanes to make it exciting for F1. It's like mixing Catalunya & modern Imola together. It works for bikes which don't have issues with the aero slipstreaming F1 is unable to deal with over the past several years.

There's a rather sharp divide here about Zandvoort vs Assen, but I'm very firmly in the Zandvoort camp :p (nothing against Assen, but F1 wouldn't be great for the track and the MotoGP racing there)

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

There's a rather sharp divide here about Zandvoort vs Assen, but I'm very firmly in the Zandvoort camp :p (nothing against Assen, but F1 wouldn't be great for the track and the MotoGP racing there)

I'd rather settle for Zandvoort myself though that's old school track too. Do they still have that big sweeping bend in the final corner that leads to the S/F line? That could offer some passing into Turn 1. Tunnel Oost has the chicane put there like in the 80s? So it's no longer the killer corner? I didn't watch any races on Zandvoort for a while and missed this season's DTM round there so I don't recall exactly if they did some upgrades lately.