website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2021

Congratulations for win @intoronto!

Also very good results for @Belle and @OlympicIRL. Well done!

I want thank to everyone who take part in this contest and followed Grand Final today. It was pleasure for me to host this special event. Also big thank you to @mrv86 for helping in making scoreboard and templates, also running the order draw, to @Olympian1010 for help in making logo and to @OlympicIRL who always was willing to help me and was around everyday since I opened thread. Without you guys I would be nowhere with everything. THANK YOU :bowdown:

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I'm conflicted.

Can't say I liked Canada's song but Canada is the only other country I have a strong family link to - so well done intoronto

That's like cheering for a countryman/woman you don't like at the Olympics just because he/she has the same nationality in the passport :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am not a creative person at all, so creating things like the scoreboard would be almost impossible for me. Unless someone wanted to help with those things? 

Scoreboard and logo creation are usually stuff that you can get help with.

When I hosted, I got a lot of help extended to me to make sure everything runs smoothly. 

Props to @Olympian1010 for the logo!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Congrats to everyone on the podium, this was a competitive edition indeed. 

I am more than pleased about our 74 points and 17th place, I feel like this was the best case scenario for us this year. And I think I already know what I will submit for Open, it's going to be something that we haven't seen from Hungary in a long time. 

I  noticed that I keep giving points for Hungary on regular basis now, so I am very looking forward on what is that new :d 

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I am not a creative person at all, so creating things like the scoreboard would be almost impossible for me. Unless someone wanted to help with those things? 

Neither am I, the most basic of design tasks are too much for me. One gets so much help though, I might not have hosted the most extravagant TISC ever, I'm still glad with how it turned out visually and that's 99% thanks to the help I got from people here!

Individual and team podiums go into different baskets, but nevertheless, :SVK Slovakia waited for this podium for a long time.

Since the 2014 Annual to be exact. Surely the longest gap between two podiums at TISC? There will be tears at the medal presentation in any case. :d

#banbestmen

24th place for Spain but receiving points from 15 national jurors, which is not far from my personal record (6th place in the 2019 Open with 17 countries). As expected, the song is not good enough to be at the top of the lists (no medals and a 5th place as our best result), but it has managed to score a lot of low points, which is always nice. As I said this morning, I was afraid that nobody would vote for it given the high average quality of the edition.

It has been a tough year for Spanish music, with trap and reggaeton being the most listened genres and sending those songs is very likely an invitation to score 0 points, so I just chose a typical pop song, hoping to do it decently. My goal for the Open edition is to get back to the top10. I will be sending one of the most popular bands of the country, but I am still undecided which song will be…

Thanks again to everybody who has given points to Spain, especially @Werloc, @hckošice and @Wumosince it is the first time I receive points from Lithuania, Slovakia and Denmark. Hopefully, Romania, Greece, Canada, the US and the other Nordic countries will join that list soon :lol:.

Apart from “Cuando éramos dos”, my other candidate to represent Spain this year was “Chico Pum”: