website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2021

Just now, heywoodu said:

Overplayed? Out of curiousity: where? :d 

On the mainstream radios everywhere (incl. my workplace). I can't really turn it off unless I put earphones on, but I can't do that for the whole day either.

Sure, one can argue that this should not matter, but for me it does. It's all part of the game. Surely one must anticipate this possibility when they enter a global radio hit.

#banbestmen

It's funny. I'm usually not one of those who vote for mainstream music in TISC, but Blinding Lights is really one of very few popular songs that gets to me. Can't say why, but I really enjoy it.

It was even no. 1 on my list after first listen, but lost a bit when I got to listen to the other songs. Meanwhile NZ really raced up the rankings (think I had it in the low points at first)

Thank you @justony :cheer: 

And suck it, Otters :raspberry:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Netherlands strikes first in the top 5 kerfuffle. Can’t beat Italy, needs Israel and the US to remain scoreless here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, dcro said:

On the mainstream radios everywhere (incl. my workplace). I can't really turn it off unless I put earphones on, but I can't do that for the whole day either.

Sure, one can argue that this should not matter, but for me it does. It's all part of the game. Surely one must anticipate this possibility when they enter a global radio hit.

Interesting, I had never even heard of this singer, let alone heard this song anywhere. I thought it was someone not at all known outside of Ireland :yikes: 

And no, being overplayed shouldn't matter, but I completely understand when it does because it's often the same for me :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But she finished in 3rd....rather far behind the Chinese who won with a world record....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Asian_Weightlifting_Championships#Women's_49_kg

(And yes this page is for the current event since it's still called 2020 like the Olympics, apparently)

How on earth can anyone describe that as an almost certain gold medal? :yikes: 

Because everyone else has has a much much bigger difference between 1st and 2nd. 15-40kgs. If chinese don't have sizeable  lead in both snatch and CJ they can't make it to a team which only chooses sure gold medalists which are already 5. It'll be 55,87,+87 for sure. Choice is between 64 and 76 with N korea withdrawn in 76.This wasn't the best snatch for the Indian so add 4kg there and 3kg in CJ so china can't opt a risk when 5 golds is being served to them to choose 4