website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2021

Thank you everyone.

I'm having a little bit trouble with editing from one table to the other.

It doesn't show properly as in the test.

I'm thinking I'll rather do a random draw for the team order & the "wild card" tomorrow at 17:00 CET, and post a link to the ticket, and then run the draw as usual.

Later tonight I'll explain the rest of the procedure.

Thanks for your collaboration @dcro @Wumo @rybak @Olympian1010 & @OlympicIRL

Passionfruit Award

As we count down to the latest TISC Grand Final, to be held in Poland on Saturday, April 17th, we have decided to use this timeframe to catch up with our very own TISC Special Awards. There are three different Special Awards in total. The J'en Suis La Award and the Passionfruit Award have been introduced in 2018 as part of the 10th edition Jubilee legacy, while the newly formed STOP THE COUNT! Award got first celebrated in the Netherlands last year.

While nobody really aims (or wants) to claim these awards, they do serve their purpose within the TISC festivities, if nothing else to remind us all of the exciting Grand Final journeys that the various award recipients have experienced. Today, we will examine more closely the Passionfruit Award and its recipients...

Pash3.jpg

The Passionfruit Award is given to the song which obtained the most consistent score card during its Grand Final run. The score card consistency is measured by calculating its standard deviation, with the only requirement being that the song must have scored points from at least three (3) different juries. Since the Passionfruit Award has been predominantly won by backmarkers, the number of required voting juries has been increased to five (5) following the 2020 Annual.

The award owes its name to the Canadian entry Passionfruit (by Drake), which competed at the 10th edition Jubilee in Brazil. The song itself did not make any headlines at the time. It placed 37th (out of 42), scoring just 25 points and providing Canadian fans little to smile about. As it turned out, however, Passionfruit had the most consistent score card of the day, 7 - 6 - 5 - 5 - 2, making up a standard deviation of just 1,67.

Celebrating the Jubilee legacy, the consistency award got officially introduced in the run-up towards the 2018 Open in Orlando, Florida. Its first recipient was Spain (Standard deviation: 1,12). Other recipients include Chile (2019 Annual; STD: 1,11), Romania (2019 Open; STD: 1,72), Uruguay (2020 Annual; STD: 1,89) and Hungary (2020 Open; STD: 2,06).

As mentioned above, the Passionfruit Award has been predominantly won by backmarkers. Spain, Chile and Uruguay finished last in their respective contests, while Hungary placed second to last. This leaves Romania, as the only award recipient who used its consistent points spread to achieve an upper bracket result (8th).

Under the revised rules, which stipulate that the song must have scored points from at least five (5) different juries, the Spanish and Uruguayan recipients would no longer be eligible for the Passionfruit Award.

Passionfruit Award - Hall of Fame

2018 Open - :ESP Spain

Tino Casal - Eloise

Score card: 6 - 5 - 4 - 3

Standard deviation: 1,12

2019 Annual - :CHI Chile

Paloma Mami - Not Steady

Score card: 4 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1

Standard deviation: 1,11

2019 Open - :ROU Romania

Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love

Score card: 12 - 11 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 9 - 9 - 8 - 8 - 8 - 5

Standard deviation: 1,72

2020 Annual - :URU Uruguay

latejapride - Corré

Score card: 5 - 1 - 1

Standard deviation: 1,89

2020 Open - :HUN Hungary

Anima Sound System - '68

Score card: 8 - 6 - 3 - 3 - 3

Standard deviation: 2,06

#banbestmen

:GUA Guatemala :GUA 

Ricardo Arjona - No es el Momento

Ricardo Arjona, top16 at the Special Event last summer, published this song a few weeks before the start of the edition. I hope you like it!

Fun fact, since the introduction of the Passionfruit Award, the most inconsistent entry was Kazakhstan at the 2019 Open (12 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 8 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1). :evil:

Meanwhile, the most inconsistent entry ever was Lithuania at the 2017 Open (12 - 10 - 1 - 1). @Werloc :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Fun fact, since the introduction of the Passionfruit Award, the most inconsistent entry was Kazakhstan at the 2019 Open (12 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 8 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1). :evil:

Meanwhile, the most inconsistent entry ever was Lithuania at the 2017 Open (12 - 10 - 1 - 1). @Werloc :p

2017 Open was my debut, yeah? :lol: 

Anyways, so I picked Australia for the Festival of Music and I think that this is definitely one of the best Troye Sivan songs, although he is a brilliant songwriter and his 2020 EP album has loads of amazing tracks such as "Easy", "Rager Teenager", "In A Dream", I went with this one, because it combines a beautiful melody, lyrics and instrumental. I highly suggest checking out his EP and his other discography. 

:AUS Troye Sivan - 10/10 :AUS