website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2021

That is wonderful news, otherwise I would probably have had to withdraw :yikes: 

Thank you @rybak!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

45 minutes ago, dcro said:

Gave me a heart attack...

Contest is "just" postponed, not cancelled, so...

Do you need right now cardiologist? If yes, you have to wait as we dont have any free ambulance for non-covid health problems, as well as places in hospitals.

12 minutes ago, rybak said:

Contest is "just" postponed, not cancelled, so...

Do you need right now cardiologist? If yes, you have to wait as we dont have any free ambulance for non-covid health problems, as well as places in hospitals.

His problem is due to COVID though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, rybak said:

Breaking News

Due to rapidly raising of new coronavirus cases in Poland, organizing committee made a hearthbreaking but necessary decision about postponing Grand Final of TAISC 2021 which was scheduled for April 17th, about a year, to April 2022. We all known that health and life are the most important things, right now inviting your everyone to Poland wouldn't be safe for anyone. But we are hoping that until next year, world will come back to normal, thanks to vaccine and social distancing. Organizing committee express the hope for understanding from every competing nation.

All entries and already received votes will be keep until next year, with hope that everyone will return next time and we all will be celebrating the best song contest on the internet. Together, on place.

With regards and wishing health,

rybak,

member of TAISC 2021 Organizing Committee

You shouldn't joke like that, because someone might end up not voting afterwards :p 

Official statement

The organizing committee want apologize everyone who didn't get the April's Fool Joke and those, who got health problems after reading a post from few hours ago. The Grand Final of TAISC 2021 will take place as planned at April 17th, with Opening Ceremony day earlier and with Festival of Music which will begin on April 5th. Host nation is still waiting impatiently for votes from yet missing 14 countries, as it was mentioned yesterday, the deadline to send the votes is now scheduled for Monday, April 5th at 18:00 CET (GMT+2).

Best regards

Today we will move to host city Kraków, not yet for the Grand Final, but to visit another Monument of History which is...

Kościuszko Mound

Kopiec Kościuszki w Krakowie - historia, wysokość, zwiedzanie - Podróże

Kościuszko Mound in Kraków, Poland, erected by Cracovians in commemoration of the Polish national leader Tadeusz Kościuszko, is an artificial mound modeled after Kraków's prehistoric mounds of Krak and Wanda. A serpentine path leads to the top, approximately 326 metres (1,070 ft) above sea level, with a panoramic view of the Vistula River and the city.

It was completed in November 1823. The location selected for the monument was the natural Blessed Bronisława Hill, also known as Sikornik, situated in the western part of Kraków's Zwierzyniec District.

Kościuszko Mound is one of Kraków's four memorial mounds, consisting of two prehistoric mounds, Krakus Mound and Wanda Mound, and two modern ones, Piłsudski Mound and Kościuszko Mound.

Kościuszko Mound in Cracow - Obiekt - VisitMalopolska

The founding ceremony of the Kościuszko Mound took place on 16 October 1820. The construction was financed by donations from Poles living in all territories of Poland under foreign occupation. For three years, people of all ages and class voluntarily constructed the mound to the height of 34 metres. Work was supervised by a Committee for the Construction of the Tadeusz Kościuszko Monument. At the base of the mound, the Founding Act was deposited in a glass and marble case. At the top, a granite boulder, brought from the Tatra Mountains, was placed, bearing the inscription "Kościuszce" (To Kościuszko). Inside the mound, urns were buried with soil from the Polish and American battlefields where Kościuszko fought. In 1860, on the 30th anniversary of the Polish November Uprising, the top of the mound was crowned with a boulder (545 kg) of granite from Tatra mountains which had engraved upon it: TO KOŚCIUSZKO.

Initially, the grounds around Kościuszko Mound were planned to be turned into a colony settlement for the peasant families that fought alongside Tadeusz Kościuszko in the uprising of 1794. In the late 1830s, those families began to settle at the foothills of Kościuszko Mound, but the process came to a halt when Austrian authorities decided to turn this area into a part of city's fortification.

Wystawa Kościuszko - bohater wciąż potrzebny - Kopiec Kościuszki w Krakowie

Wychodzimy na Kopiec Kościuszki i zwiedzamy Muzeum Kościuszkowskie w  Krakowie - Moja Małopolska

Next to the mound there is a museum devoted to Kościuszko, that displays artefacts and mementoes of his life and achievements. In 1997, heavy rains eroded the mound, thus threatening its existence. It went through a restoration process from 1999 till 2003 in which state-of-the-art technology and modern materials were used. The mound was equipped with a drainage system and a new waterproofing membrane.

Kościuszko Mound inspired Count Paul Strzelecki, Polish patriot and Australian explorer, to name the highest mountain in Australia Mount Kosciuszko, because of its perceived resemblance to the Kościuszko Mound in Kraków.

I'll take me an extra day, but votes will be delivered tomorrow.

Hardest cut, as all these were songs that could have ended with points or as reserves. However, sacrifices must be made :(

Except for two songs who are definitely in, I need to sort the rest carefully as I need to take a look at the lyrics in case I have doubts.

66 hours left to vote.

I'm still waiting for votes from: @intoronto @Vic Liu @Finnator123 @catgamer @Makedonas @Yannakis @Fly_like_a_don @Dnl @Gianlu33 @Glen @mrv86 (I see that you will send the votes tomorrow) @Ionoutz24 @heywoodu who again turned into latewoodu and probably want to be first ever TISC participant, who posted song as first but will send the votes as last, @Skijumpingmaster @justony @amen09 @Olympian1010

48 minutes ago, rybak said:

66 hours left to vote.

I'm still waiting for votes from: @intoronto @Vic Liu @Finnator123 @catgamer @Makedonas @Yannakis @Fly_like_a_don @Dnl @Gianlu33 @Glen @mrv86 (I see that you will send the votes tomorrow) @Ionoutz24 @heywoodu who again turned into latewoodu and probably want to be first ever TISC participant, who posted song as first but will send the votes as last, @Skijumpingmaster @justony @amen09 @Olympian1010

I will vote. I don't know when, but I will do it ;)