website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2021

The second place is...

Kruszyniany Mosque

Podlaskie, Kruszyniany: centrum edukacji i kultury Tatarów - Wydarzenia  lokalne

It is a wooden mosque located in the village of Kruszyniany, in Podlaskie Voivodeship. The building is the oldest Lipka Tatar mosque in Poland, built on the plan of a rectangle, in specifications of 10 by 13 metres.

The village of Kruszyniany was assigned by King John III Sobieski to the Tatars who had participated on the side of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth in the war against the Ottoman Empire. After the Lipka Tatars populace settled in the area, the Tatars built the mosque, which was first mentioned in a document dating back to 1717. The present mosque was most likely built in the second half of the eighteenth-century, or in the first half of the nineteenth-century (the exact date of construction of the building is unknown), on the site of the former mosque. In 1846, the building underwent renovation, information about which is found on a stone plaque, next to the women's entrance.

Kruszyniany i Bohoniki - tatarska enklawa na Podlasiu » Gdzie Los Poniesie

The shape of the building resembles the surrounding churches with two towers. The exterior and interior are covered with dark green wood paneling. On the north side, the building is decorated with two towers also covered with wood. On the ridge of the roof there is a third (slightly smaller than the others) turret without windows. It is slightly shifted towards the mihrab. The roofs of both towers and turrets have the shape of a helmet crowned with a crescent moon at the top. The roof of the main part of the building is covered with shingles.

The interior is divided into two parts: for men and women. The entrance for women is located on the main axis of the building. It is topped with a triangular tympanum with two towers on its sides. The entrance for men is in the side wall. The women's room is much smaller and is separated from the male part by a wooden partition, in which, at a height of about 1 m, there is a longitudinal slot covered with a white, transparent curtain.

Wielokulturowy Wschód.

Wnętrze meczetu - Picture of Meczet w Bohonikach, Bohoniki - Tripadvisor

The interior is decorated with carpets, and the walls with muhirs - a calligraphic notation of quotes from the Koran. 

Kruszyniany village was designated one of Poland's official national Monuments of History on November 20, 2012. Its listing is maintained by the National Heritage Board of Poland.

Votes just in.

Fun fact, I did a couple of my listens while watching dressage competitions from Florida. :p

That's pretty much an equivalent of listening to music while staring at a metronome, so... Draw your own conclusions. :whistle:

#banbestmen

19 minutes ago, dcro said:

Votes just in.

Fun fact, I did a couple of my listens while watching dressage competitions from Florida. :p

That's pretty much an equivalent of listening to music while staring at a metronome, so... Draw your own conclusions. :whistle:

So just like in modern pentathlon, if the Lithuanian song doesn't score high points, I can just blame the effin' horses? 

3 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Just sent my votes. My top 3 was quite clear from the beginning, the low points weren't so hard to rank, points 4-9 were the hardest though, I feel like I betrayed these songs :lol:

Omg, absolutely same :lol: just with 5 to 9

My votes have been sent. Top 6 was settled after a couple listenings, but the rest was really difficult to give a final ranking. It took about 7-8 listenings to place some songs. I'm okay satisfied with my final ranking. However some songs I would have really liked to give points couldn't unfortunately receive any due to only being able to give points to 12 songs. 

Today we will go to Ciechocinek and local...

Brine Graduation Towers

Ciechocinek - najlepsze atrakcje | PolskieSzlaki.pl

The Ciechocinek graduation towers are a complex of three brine graduation towers, erected in the nineteenth century in Ciechocinek, in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland. They constitute the largest wooden structure of this type in Europe. The complex of graduation towers and salt breweries, together with two surrounding parks, are designated as a Monument of History.

The towers were designed by Jakub Graff, professor of the Mining Academy in Kielce, based on the brine sources discovered here back in the second half of the eighteenth century, although the local community extracted and brewed salt as early as in the thirteenth century under the permissions given by Konrad I Mazowiecki.

Tężnie Ciechocinek / informacje dla turystów, historia, cennik

The 648-metre-long (2,126 ft) graduation tower I, with a capacity of 5,000–5,800 cubic metres  and the 719-metre-long (2,359 ft) graduation tower II, with a capacity of 6,000–6,300 cubic metres, were built between 1824 and 1828. The 333-metre-long (1,093 ft) graduation tower III, with a capacity of 2,900 cubic metres, was built in 1859. The base of the towers is made up of 7000 oak piles driven into the ground, on which a spruce-and-pine structure planted with blackthorn was placed, where brine flows. The towers are arranged in the shape of a horseshoe with a total length of 1,741.5 metres ; each is 15.8 metres (52 ft) high. The brine with a concentration of 5.8% is pumped a depth of 414.58 metres (1,360.2 ft) in spring No. 11 (the so-called Grzybek fountain) into dedicated channels at the top of the graduation towers.

Fontanna przy tężni w Ciechocinku - zdjęcie 120/471

The brine seeps on the walls of the towers, on the blackthorn, and evaporates under the influence of wind and sun, creating a microclimate rich in iodine, sodium, chlorine and bromine, thanks to which a natural healing inhalatorium developed.

The towers are the second stage in the salt production process, where the brine concentration is gradually increased. The smallest concentration occurs at tower No. I (9%); the brine concentration increases at tower No. III (16%) and becomes greatest at tower No. II (30%). From the latter, the brine flows in pipelines to the salt-brewing plant (the third stage of salt production) where salt, sludge and therapeutic lye are produced. The first stage in the process of salt production is pumping brine from the source No. 11 "Grzybek fountain". The graduation towers also act as a giant air filter.

Tężnia na wiosnę | Miasto Gliwice

In 2017, the complex of graduation towers and salt breweries, together with the Tężniowy and Zdrojowy parks, was entered on the list of Historic Monuments of History.

4 hours ago, Wumo said:

My votes have been sent. Top 6 was settled after a couple listenings, but the rest was really difficult to give a final ranking. It took about 7-8 listenings to place some songs. I'm okay satisfied with my final ranking. However some songs I would have really liked to give points couldn't unfortunately receive any due to only being able to give points to 12 songs. 

The same... I basically really liked around 30 songs. :lol:

Jacek Parol: Pull up – Studio Opinii

Some of you surely is aware about it, but it is still worth to mention that just 71 hours left to send the votes

@Federer91 @intoronto @Vic Liu @Agger @Finnator123 @catgamer @Makedonas @Yannakis @Fly_like_a_don @Dnl @Gianlu33 @SteveParker @Glen @mrv86 @Ionoutz24 @heywoodu @Skijumpingmaster @hckošice @justony @amen09 @Olympian1010