website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2021

The Lithuanian votes are in, so rest assured everyone voting for Lithuania, your votes are safe :p 

Interesting contest overall, liked a lot of songs, loved only a few songs. The average quality bar is very high this year, but not too many wow factors among the entries, still, I found a few songs that I wanted to bump up the ladder, but I couldn't (sorry 7th and 8th place, still love you though) and I'd say that I've come up with a really respectable top 9.

Everything after that was a complete margin game. 

I did my first 2 listens last weekend and after that did my first cut. Had 2 more listens of the remaining songs this week (Monday and Wednesday). Plan to do another on Friday and Sunday. 

The top 2 switched positions after yesterday’s listen which doesn’t happen that often for me this far into the process so it’ll be interesting to see if it switches again. Down to 16 songs though.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I'd still like to know who those five are. :p

I'm honestly surprised now that I voted so quickly this year, usually I tend to take more time. 

As a completely wild guess, I think the other 4 nations are probably Poland, France with Benolympique, then Earlywoodu for the Netherlands, since they posted the song first this year (perhaps a new year's resolution?), Spain only gave a 12, so the hosts are waiting for the rest of the points before they highlight them green and lastly Tunisia as the lone African representative have gathered the points from all over Africa, including Mali, South Africa, Kenya, Algeria, Morocco, Cote De Ivoire, Kongo, Zanzibar, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Mozambique, Libya, Angola, Rwanda, Cameroon, Tanzania, Sudan, Tunisia. 

45 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'm honestly surprised now that I voted so quickly this year, usually I tend to take more time. 

As a completely wild guess, I think the other 4 nations are probably Poland, France with Benolympique, then Earlywoodu for the Netherlands, since they posted the song first this year (perhaps a new year's resolution?), Spain only gave a 12, so the hosts are waiting for the rest of the points before they highlight them green and lastly Tunisia as the lone African representative have gathered the points from all over Africa, including Mali, South Africa, Kenya, Algeria, Morocco, Cote De Ivoire, Kongo, Zanzibar, Egypt, Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, Mozambique, Libya, Angola, Rwanda, Cameroon, Tanzania, Sudan, Tunisia. 

Congratulations, your post is now on good way to be among top10 moments of TAISC 2021 just after the one from guy from Slovonia about title of the song and innocent souls :lol: 

After a few listenings during the week I have already fixed my top5, but I still have 10 candidates for the remaining 7 point-positions and it's being quite difficult to choose one song over the others....