website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2021

I even already started listening today, so far I'm positively surprised by the quality and that's after only 10 songs or so :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:KAZ RITA ORA x IMANBEK - BANG BANG :KAZ

P.S. I have decided to offer song Bang Bang by Rita Ora and Imanbek who is from Kazakhstan, hope I have not broken the contest rules.

I used Section 2 (b) rule -- In the case of bands, at least 50% of the band must be born in or be of the same nationality as the nation for which they are participating OR they should have more or equal association with that nation.

25 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

:KAZ RITA ORA x IMANBEK - BANG BANG :KAZ

P.S. I have decided to offer song Bang Bang by Rita Ora and Imanbek who is from Kazakhstan, hope I have not broke the contest rules.

I used Section 2 (b) rule -- In the case of bands, at least 50% of the band must be born in or be of the same nationality as the nation for which they are participating OR they should have more or equal association with that nation.

It's ok, you can enter with this song as it fulfill the rule which you mentioned ;) 

:MEX XICO :MEX

For the first time after many editions, a new member joined the Mexican jury. Considering the factor of diverse tastes in music genres and artist, the challenge to select a deserving entry for this edition of TISC Annual was nebertheless an enjoyable task, finding consensus after a short discussion.

The representative chosen to make the trip to Poland is Fran, a soft-rock band that in 2019 made a successful debut in the Mexican pop chart with their song "Sempiterno", and will now make TISC Annual one of their first performances to a virtual international audience.

Fran - "Plural"

Lyrics (in Spanish)

Spoiler

Solo sea contra corriente
Rompiendo el viento
Ni siquiera lo notamos
Volamos en tiempo

Y aunque existan días negros
El sol lo tenemos
El camino encontramos
Sin detenernos oh uh oh

Vamos andando, juntitos vamos
Sin despegarnos y en plural navegamos
Acompañados, en el espacio oh oh
Naufragamos y en plural terminamos

Como un faro en mar abierto
Me guías a tu puerto
Sin saber a donde vamos
El rumbo es perfecto

La marea va subiendo
Y el aire tenemos
El destino lo alcanzamos
Si nos queremos oh uh oh

Vamos andando, juntitos vamos
Sin despegarnos y en plural navegamos
Acompañados, en el espacio oh oh
Naufragamos y en plural terminamos

Terminamos
En plural navegamos uh oh oh oh

Lyrics (in English)

Spoiler

Just be against the current
Breaking the wind
We don't even notice
We fly in time

And although there are black days
We have the sun
The way we find
Without stopping oh uh oh

Let's go, together we go
Without breaking apart and in plural we sail
In company, in space oh oh
We shipwrecked and in plural we end

Like a lighthouse on the open sea
You guide me to your port
Without knowing where we are going
The course is perfect

The tide is rising
And the air we have
We'll reach destiny
If we love each other oh uh oh

Let's go, together we go
Without breaking apart and in plural we sail
In company, in space oh oh
We shipwrecked and in plural we end

We end
In plural we sail uh oh oh oh

I have no idea how sharing stuff with Spotify works (I only joined the Spotify bandwagon late last year :p) but I've added all songs posted so far in a playlist for myself, no idea if you guys can see it too :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

58 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I have no idea how sharing stuff with Spotify works (I only joined the Spotify bandwagon late last year :p) but I've added all songs posted so far in a playlist for myself, no idea if you guys can see it too :d 

Sadly for the Lithuanian song, the full version with the cello is only on Youtube and not on Spotify :( 

I know Rita Ora and Imanbek took the main melody for Bang Bang from another song, but I just can't place my finger on it....help me please :d 

I mean, it's not a doubt, I am 100% sure and I'm sure it's not a secret or something, but it's annoying that I can't find the name of the song where the melody comes from :p 

Got it! Completely forgot but it was from this hype from 10+ years ago with half the country having this as ringtone :lol: