website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

Totallympics

Men´s 5000m Teams Relay

1. Hungary :HUN(Liu Shaoang, Liu Shaolin Sandor, Viktor Knoch, Csaba Bujna) 6:31.971OR,

2. China :CHN(Wu Dajing, Han Tianyu, Ren Ziwei, Xu Hongzhi, Chen Dequan) 6:32.035,

3. Canada :CAN(Samuel Girard, Charles Hamelin, Charle Cournoyer, Pascal Dion) 6:32.282

Full Results HERE

Short+Track+Speed+Skating+Winter+Olympic

I was at the Olympics yesterday (will share more later), and on Korean TVs everywhere they kept showing the women's relay on repeat.  This is not new, as Korean TV just shows Korean gold medal races on repeat non-stop. I'm not kidding, in 2006 they showed a short track race, I counted, 23 times in a row.  Then I got bored and changed the channel.  Anyway, yesterday they were showing it again and again trying to justify the Korean win.  At one point they paused it to show two Canadians on the track.  Of course it was .5 seconds after an exchange, but why let facts get in the way?  Then they spliced together BBC and NBC commentary to 'prove' that even foreign media agreed Korea was in the right.  Needless to say, it was heavily edited.  It was just so desperate and transparent.  I'm sorry to say it, and I wasn't rooting against anyone, but Korea got some karma in the other races yesterday.  

Other than that, it was a great day and well organized.  Volunteers were exceptionally nice and helpful, so props to the locals!

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

I was at the Olympics yesterday (will share more later), and on Korean TVs everywhere they kept showing the women's relay on repeat.  This is not new, as Korean TV just shows Korean gold medal races on repeat non-stop. I'm not kidding, in 2006 they showed a short track race, I counted, 23 times in a row.  Then I got bored and changed the channel.  Anyway, yesterday they were showing it again and again trying to justify the Korean win.  At one point they paused it to show two Canadians on the track.  Of course it was .5 seconds after an exchange, but why let facts get in the way?  Then they spliced together BBC and NBC commentary to 'prove' that even foreign media agreed Korea was in the right.  Needless to say, it was heavily edited.  It was just so desperate and transparent.  I'm sorry to say it, and I wasn't rooting against anyone, but Korea got some karma in the other races yesterday.  

Other than that, it was a great day and well organized.  Volunteers were exceptionally nice and helpful, so props to the locals!

Are they showing the women's 1000m and the men's relay on repeat, too?

В 22.02.2018 в 17:08, thepharoah сказал:

ofc , but at least he would have won 1 and another medal  , we have only double medalist so far in men's individual events which's Lim Hyo-jun who's won gold and bronze , so he had actually a very good chance :d apart from all IMO he deserves to participate here cuz it should have been his last Olympics as long as you let Russian athletes to participate and as long he wasn't banned or proven to be doped , it was also better for the whole competition to have such legend participating , so i still find no reason to ban him with others who hadn't proven to be doped from participating here 

There was an installation not to come to those who competed and won in Sochi. The world was to see a weak and humiliated Russia without victories. Anglo-Saxons and American money won. Shameful Olympics