website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...

There's actually a Dutch skier who got under 300 FIS points this month :yikes: 

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&raceid=38648

Doesn't count for anything of course, but still :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

FIS has added two tables for 'Next eligible nations' on the page with the quotas.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/v2/quota/list/owg/cc/2022

I don't have experience in following this from last time, so how does that work? Let's say a country rejects two women's quotas today, then Switzerland and Slovenia (current 1st and 2nd on the list) both get one? Or, if a total of 17 women's quotas get rejected by nations (unlikely, I know, but theoretically), Brazil gets a third one?

And I am assuming that, in order to keep track of which countries reject a quota, we have to manually refresh this website daily and manually track any changes to see which country has a lower number of quotas than before? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

FIS has added two tables for 'Next eligible nations' on the page with the quotas.

I don't have experience in following this from last time, so how does that work? Let's say a country rejects two women's quotas today, then Switzerland and Slovenia (current 1st and 2nd on the list) both get one? Or, if a total of 17 women's quotas get rejected by nations (unlikely, I know, but theoretically), Brazil gets a third one?

And I am assuming that, in order to keep track of which countries reject a quota, we have to manually refresh this website daily and manually track any changes to see which country has a lower number of quotas than before? :p 

I think you are right.

It's weird though, cuz they have a reallocation list for women's nordic combined and have countries listed with the maximum in others.

Also Brazil has an athlete in qualifying position in moguls!

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, if two quotas were rejected on the women’s side those would be allocated to Slovenia and Switzerland. Yes, in the event that 17 quotas are available for reallocation, Brazil would be eligible for a third quota.

The FIS is one of the few IFs that shows real-time data in terms of nations accepting and rejecting quotas. If a nation rejects quotas, there will be a yellow or red dot that appears next to their revised allocation. I believe there might also be a green dot for countries accept the original allocation of quotas. This paragraph is contingent on the current version of the FIS operating in a similar way to past versions.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

If a nation rejects quotas, there will be a yellow or red dot that appears next to their revised allocation. I believe there might also be a green dot for countries accept the original allocation of quotas. This paragraph is contingent on the current version of the FIS operating in a similar way to past versions.

Now that is exactly what I was looking for (the practical point of how to follow this), thanks! Hopefully it works the same this year as last time :d 

I'll be keeping an eye on dots and changes and everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea what happened with Canada? They now have 0 eligible women and men :p 

• 1 month later...

Still the same thing for Canada. The list of eligible athletes is presumably taken automatically from the FIS points list, and in the most recent one (from 1 July), oddly there is not a single Canadian athlete with valid points anymore. I have no idea how this is possible, since plenty of Canadians competed last season and so there should be plenty of Canadians in the points list.

Meanwhile Thailand and Hungary are listed as having not enough eligible athletes for their quota, which I guess Hungary can still turn around, but Thailand (as expected, of course) will likely have to return one of their two women's quotas.

• 5 weeks later...

The rollerski world championships start today in Val di Fiemme, but it doesn't seem like there is any live streaming....not even on the FIS Roller Skiing channel :(