website statistics

Surfing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

On the one hand, I loved skateboarding and it's one of the five Olympic sports I'll focus on watching from now on. On the other hand, surfing is very boring to watch with or without Brazilians competing. It takes too long, the moments where it gets exciting are too few and far between and, to be honest, it's not even really that exciting.

It's weird because this is a sport that belongs to the Summer Olympics, but I just can't force myself to watch it anymore. I'll just look for the results after the competition is over.

Moore :USA prevents :JPN from having a chance to go 4 for 4 in their Agenda 2020 sports. :USA v. :RSA for gold.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:AUS Wright narrowly wins the bronze medal on the men's side.

As a result, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Oceania all win Olympic medals in surfing's debut. I am pretty sure an Olympic sport where every continent except Europe wins a medal is unprecedented.

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

#robbed :redcard:

It looks like for every unexpected medal -- Cargnin in Judo, Hoefler in skateboarding and Scheffer in swimming -- we lose a medal that was previously thought to be easy to get -- Pâmela and Letícia in skateboarding, Medina in surfing.

Marks :USA was waiting for a wave that never came. Tough luck for her, home delight Tsuzuki :JPN

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela