website statistics

Surfing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Nice one for Italo :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I think Igarashi had the best wave. I’m just not sure if his two waves were better than Medina’s two waves together.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Ferreira :BRA will get a chance to avenge his fellow countryman in the gold medal match against Igarashi :JPN

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

36 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

LOL, after the whole debacle between Medina and the national federation, it's funny to see him missing the final. I hope Ítalo wins the gold medal now.

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Cool, Medina misses the final :d 

Now go Ítalo :bowdown: 

Will the judges let him? 

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think Igarashi had the best wave. I’m just not sure if his two waves were better than Medina’s two waves together.

Not sure if it was undeserving, but every close call seems to go in Japan's favour.

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Not sure if it was undeserving, but every close call seems to go in Japan's favour.

That’s the informal host advantage at play. In subjectively judged sports you have to beat the host throughly. It’s like this at every multi-sports games. 

This sport should honestly not be broadcast live, but rather on tape delay with just the highlights. I have never seen something as boring in sports as the athletes just sitting in the water waiting for a wave.