website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Rio 2016 Olympic Bet Contest Discussion Thread

hace 5 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

Could you please name the american nations/define what exactly american nations are (question 19)?

About question 24: Lets say before the last day France is 5th in medal table and Germany is 4th in medal table and at the end France is 4th and Germany is 5th, while the top 3 remain in the same order as before the last day. Would the answer still be yes? Is it enough if two nations in top 5 swap positions?

19: Every olympic team from Canada down to Argentina.

24: Yes, just two countries swapping places is enough to fullfil the condition and make the answer a "yes".

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vor einer Stunde schrieb LDOG:

19: Every olympic team from Canada down to Argentina.

24: Yes, just two countries swapping places is enough to fullfil the condition and make the answer a "yes".

Cuba, Jamaica and so on? 

47: Lets say the winning height in mens high jump is 2.35m, but then the olympic champion continues and clears 2.42m and the womens high jump champion clears 2.00m and then stops, would the answer be yes?

51: Merritt won gold in mens 400m in 2008. Lets say he doesnt win gold in mens 400m this time, but wins gold in mens 200m, would the answer still be yes?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 26 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

Cuba, Jamaica and so on? 

47: Lets say the winning height in mens high jump is 2.35m, but then the olympic champion continues and clears 2.42m and the womens high jump champion clears 2.00m and then stops, would the answer be yes?

51: Merritt won gold in mens 400m in 2008. Lets say he doesnt win gold in mens 400m this time, but wins gold in mens 200m, would the answer still be yes?

Yes, all the caribbean, everything.

47: the total final heights combined, doesn't matter what was enough to win.

51: good question, but no, it has to be the same event.

Am 31.7.2016 um 20:58 schrieb LDOG:

No men's football, we don't make prediction contests of youth tournaments.

About Archery, we'll see... but most probably not.

Please copy-paste your questions about the bet contest in the specific discussion thread for it:

1) No prediction contest for rugby, artistic gymnastics, boxing, judo, track cycling and so on?

I understand that its probably not possible to make a prediction contest for all sports, but why not make a poll to find out which prediction contests would be most popular and then add 2 or 3 of them? 

2) Do we already know when the swimming prediction contest will be available? I think some of the options are pretty weird, for example Richard Nagy in mens 400 IM, but no Jacob Heidtmann or Henrik Christiansen in mens 400 free but no Florian Vogel ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

28 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) No prediction contest for rugby, artistic gymnastics, boxing, judo, track cycling and so on?

I understand that its probably not possible to make a prediction contest for all sports, but why not make a poll to find out which prediction contests would be most popular and then add 2 or 3 of them? 

2) Do we already know when the swimming prediction contest will be available? I think some of the options are pretty weird, for example Richard Nagy in mens 400 IM, but no Jacob Heidtmann or Henrik Christiansen in mens 400 free but no Florian Vogel ...

All remaining prediction contest except athletics are coming today ;)

Am 31.7.2016 um 22:45 schrieb LDOG:

Yes, all the caribbean, everything.

47: the total final heights combined, doesn't matter what was enough to win.

51: good question, but no, it has to be the same event.

For some questions its really important to know whether russian athletes will be banned in weigthlifting and swimming or not? Will the contest be open until we have the decision by CAS?

vor 23 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

You can enter the competition whenever you want. However all votes have to be done before the 1st Day of the Olympics. August 5th, h. 23:59 (GMT -3) will be considered the deadline, you can’t edit your votes after that.

Yeah .. i am able to read ...

So we basically have to guess which decision CAS will make or we have to hope that they will make their decision before the deadline.

hace 1 minuto, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah .. i am able to read ...

So we basically have to guess which decision CAS will make or we have to hope that they will make their decision before the deadline.

Unless the bet explicitily mentions Russia (the case of numbers 2 and 120), I can't do nothing pal.

Everything else (although, as you say, russian performance affects some answers) enters the subjective territory.

vor 1 Minute schrieb LDOG:

Unless the bet explicitily mentions Russia (the case of numbers 2 and 120), I can't do nothing pal.

Everything else (although, as you say, russian performance affects some answers) enters the subjective territory.

Yeah, i am talking about the "Russia will be the best european nation in overall medal table" question. Without weightlifting and swimming its very unlikely that the answer will be yes. At the moment russian athletes would be banned, so i would answer with no, but i expect that russian athletes will be allowed to compete, so i would probably answer with yes. IOC said that they will give a final answer on friday, so lets hope that they will be done before the deadline.

hace 2 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah, i am talking about the "Russia will be the best european nation in overall medal table" question. Without weightlifting and swimming its very unlikely that the answer will be yes. At the moment russian athletes would be banned, so i would answer with no, but i expect that russian athletes will be allowed to compete, so i would probably answer with yes. IOC said that they will give a final answer on friday, so lets hope that they will be done before the deadline.

The only way bet number 2 can be eliminated is if Russia had been given a full blanket ban, because that would mean Russia automatically wins 0 medals in Rio 2016. That is confirmed to not be the case, so that bet will stay no matter the decision on some sports is.

I can't comment anything more on the topic, sorry, because I would be helping users if I did. Just remember, only if the answer is definitely set in stone before August 6th I can remove a bet. Only in that case.