website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Hazique said:

I dont know wht it is with indian shooters . they perform so well till the last round and make us believe that qualification is guranteed but suddenly in the last round when others up their game our shooters just cant hold on to the consistency . May be its lack of composure or overconfidence

Same with Archers too . Very bad Luck

Atanu (BIN) Das - if score of 28 -30 -27 -27-28 .. Make some one loose .. Then I can write it on paper in give that no body in whole world would won that match against Korean..

Really its not his day .. Very sorry for him .. All the best for your carrier man

2 minutes ago, Hazique said:

Very Sad that no indian women boxer qualified this time , Last time we had mary kom and sarita devi but no one succeeded them this time

Really Boxing is ruined by AIBA..If this trend continues .. Kid will not continue to choose boxing Even in Men's category we have just 3

33 minutes ago, shrikant said:

Frankly speaking even in shooting world championship our shooters are always in 9th to 12th Bracket except Jitu Rai who played well below his level....

Since all of them dont follow world shooting championships which happens every quarterly or sometimes on monthly basis... They will find our results bit astonishing...For eg Mairaj has qualified twice in finals and no medals yet... Gagan narang actually shoot well today or else he would have been in 20th to 25th position.... Chain singh performed below par... Hats off Atanu das .... You played very well and no regrets for your loss...

We are not expecting to bring back 13 medals in Shooting .. because 13 of them participating .. but Just asking for 1 or 2 which we are getting regularly from Athens 2004.. if we miss the medal this time .. then we will end up with no medals in shooting after 16 years..  Why every time we need to depend on Gagan or Abhinav ...

See Heena achieved lot in Shooting .. Even Manavjit Singh Sandhu too World champion and World cup winner etc , I know abt this sport .. when we need lot of control, need to hold the nerve.. but definitely we can achieve in Olympics

So far only Abhinav, Jitu & Gagan (Considering came back from Injury) is only commendable .. I am disappointed with scores of other rather than medal ..

8 minutes ago, Hazique said:

Vikas gowda out of olympics. None of the throwers were at their best way below par. If gowda wud have thrown above 62 metres which he normally does he wud have qualified.

he is out of practice that's what I read some where

Mairaj and Gurpreet do well on day 1 of their qualifications. Mairaj shot 49/50 in skeet. Gurpreet shot 289/300 in 25m Rapid Fire Pistol. 

Edit: They will shoot 3 series today in Skeet. 

Edited by Dolby

4 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Mairaj and Gurpreet do well on day 1 of their qualifications. Mairaj shot 49/50 in skeet. Gurpreet shot 289/300 in 25m Rapid Fire Pistol. 

Gurpreet had a bad 3rd series other wise he would have been in top position he shot a 100,99,90 score even a 95 in last series would have kept him in touching distance with the leaders