website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

2 minutes ago, Govind said:

Why not ... Even Karam Malleshwari or PT Usha..etc

the role of the officials is management....

Not every sportsperson is capable of managing affairs...

Ex-olympians and sportspersons should be encouraged to taker up coaching instead.....

so many academies lack quality training and guidance.....

Iam in hungary and my colleagues are watching waterpolo now. They are expecting few more gold from their swimmer katinka, who already won 3 golds. One asked about india and other replied they are good in hokcey, the irony is she is above 60 yrs.

4 minutes ago, Kiruphagaran said:

Iam in hungary and my colleagues are watching waterpolo now. They are expecting few more gold from their swimmer katinka, who already won 3 golds. One asked about india and other replied they are good in hokcey, the irony is she is above 60 yrs.

Gr8 to know..

9 minutes ago, Kiruphagaran said:

I faced same issue when I was in France during 2008 Olympics .. Still I remember, one my the French colleague ran to me and asked is this first gold medal, India ever got ..I just smiled and said Yes..  For them , India is great country with great talent and Surprised to hear it.

Now I am in US, Even that opportunity I don't have .. :(.. we are not bad man .. just unlucky ...cant hold the nerve..

I guess India need more exposure with our own people... I am sure 25% indians still feel that Virat Kohli is a medal contender.... All the national games should be given same exposure like Olympics ... Schools should have some sports mandatory and emphasis on those students who do well in sports... We have limited participation in sports .. we need to get more enthusiasm in Volley ball, basket ball, Judo etc... 

16 minutes ago, Steve_RP said:

the role of the officials is management....

Not every sportsperson is capable of managing affairs...

Ex-olympians and sportspersons should be encouraged to taker up coaching instead.....

so many academies lack quality training and guidance.....

With respect to Coching.. We may need more foreign coaches than Indians .. I am not under estimating Indians ..But We have seem good result... Like Archery & Boxing .. Now in Hockey too .. Indian can administrate things very well ..

5 minutes ago, shrikant said:

I guess India need more exposure with our own people... I am sure 25% indians still feel that Virat Kohli is a medal contender.... All the national games should be given same exposure like Olympics ... Schools should have some sports mandatory and emphasis on those students who do well in sports... We have limited participation in sports .. we need to get more enthusiasm in Volley ball, basket ball, Judo etc... 

Everything true with you Shrikant ..But unfortunately we speak about this topic once in 4yrs only .. ok That's India.& Indians. we have other things to worry on.. Olympics will over in another 10 days..

1 minute ago, Govind said:

With respect to Coching.. We may need more foreign coaches than Indians .. I am not under estimating Indians ..But We have seem good result... Like Archery & Boxing .. Now in Hockey too .. Indian can administrate things very well ..

Ur looking at the top....But improvement comes from the bottom....The big changes in India's olympic fortunes wont change till the next generation of athletes come up...

We need our top former athletes and sportspersons to go right at the grassroot level or atleast in the junior levels.

changes would only be visible after 8-10 years