website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 minute ago, nitinsanker said:

The sudden improvement in few atheletes is shown up for what it is ........................sad :facepalm:

The unhappiness is understandable....

But the improvement is almost across the board....which is most heartening

5 minutes ago, sameerph said:

Let them repeat or better those performances at Rio. Then, I will say that the improvement is real and not due to some controlled circumstances at home.

understandable...Consider this..Justin Gatlin doped and got banned for 4 years..he came back...now he's pushing Bolt more than ever.....Performance enhancing drugs gives u some muscles and physical strength....it adds a fraction more power to the body...but the athlete still has to do everything....

Its not like a candy with superpowers that can transform an athlete from no one to a world beater

That is why even performance enhancing drugs will not make Indian athletes go and win a medal at Rio. But, that can certainly make a difference in getting the qualifying time/distance and not getting the same. That is why I call some of those massive improvements suspect.

Just now, Vaibhav (minchu) said:

Rafa confirmed yesterday about his participation in MS & MD. Reckoning he should opt out of XD now :fingers:

Check Tennis Qualification thread. Spanish user has posted that Nadal will play all 3 events. Also, for seeding purposes, it doesn't matter if we are 3rd or 4th. For medal purposes, some lower ranked teams of singles players would be equally formidable. So, in either case, lets not worry too much. 

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Be prepared for more Indian athletes getting sick just before competition resulting in DNS

hope that does'nt happen....

NADA did say last week that around 20 test results were awaited and would be out by 2nd or 3rd....I assume dharambir's result is of the same batch..So, if no new results come out in 1-2 days, we could say that the remaining athletes are clean and there should be no problems with their participation.

We all know by now that out of those who dope, not everyone gets caught. So, this is no guarantee that they are clean.

The doping controls are going to be much stricter in Rio. So, if they have doped there is more likely to be a no show from them as Dolby said to avoid getting caught. Else, their performances will go drastically down from their qualifying timings.

I