website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

43 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Neeraj Chopra's news?anyone?signed the petition

Sorry for being negative, but I am disappointed in AFI. They should know that there is no concept of wild card in Athletics. There is just Universality quotas (1 per gender) for those NOCs who have qualified 0 athletes. India, luckily, is not eligible for Universality quota in Athletics. IAAF is not going to open a pandora's box by making an exception for Neeraj Chopra. If Neeraj deserves it, then so does every other athlete who has achieved the quota after the deadline. If Neeraj is allowed, IAAF has to allow all the champions from Junior World Championships. Once, they allow champions, someone will ask for exception for other medal winners from JWC. There is no way IAAF is going to create this unnecessary mess. Also, I am pretty sure IAAF doesn't (and shouldn't) care for petitions. Fans are allowed to be irrational and let emotions get better of them. There is no harm in fans starting and signing petitions. But, AFI should have steered clear of this. It is just wasting its time, giving false hope to fans and making a mockery of itself in international community. 

Two more Indian athletes accused of doping. But federation has not disclosed the name and keeping the news low profile to avoid tainted image. Rumors are that the two athletes are Seema Poonia and Nirmala Sheoran.

27 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Two more Indian athletes accused of doping. But federation has not disclosed the name and keeping the news low profile to avoid tainted image. Rumors are that the two athletes are Seema Poonia and Nirmala Sheoran.

I remember there were reports some time back about AFI not knowing where Seema was. It was later revealed that she was training in Russia. So, sadly, won't be surprised if she fails the test. :( 

Similarly, for Nirmala, with Yuri Ogorodnik as coach, it is quite possible. :(

Edited by Dolby

43 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

I hope and pray they come clean, a few more can lead to our suspension as a nation like Russia.

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

I remember there were reports some time back about AFI not knowing where Seema was. It was later revealed that she was training in Russia. So, sadly, won't be surprised if she fails the test. :( 

Similarly, for Nirmala, with Yuri Ogorodnik as coach, it is quite possible. :(

As for record , the news came in front page of Ei Samay ( Times of India Bengali edition ) , Dated - 28th July, 2016

Image result for rio olympics

UPDATED (1st Page - 3rd Post) 

Sorry for the delay. Got held up with work

4th post will include the result of all athletes at Rio 2016

5th post will include the daily schedule of Indian athletes at Rio 2016 (Will be updated by 31st July)

Those who were part of the old Totallympics and were members during London 2012 knew that I posted detailed list of each athlete and predicted the expected performance of each & every one. I might not do it this time due to crunch of time and also other members have already made lot of predictions (hence, it will be more of duplicate posts)

ONE IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL INDIAN MEMBERS HERE - During London 2012, there were lot of arguments among our members and some of them turned out to be bad ones and I was forced to warn few members. This time, since the number of Indian members has increased, I am expecting more arguments but please make it healthy discussions and please avoid foul language or disrespect any member or nation or athlete

WISHING EVERYONE AN ENJOYABLE RIO OLYMPICS 2016 & WISHING BEST WISHES TO INDIAN CONTINGENT