website statistics
Jump to content

India National Thread


gvaisakh
 Share

Recommended Posts

India get 2 Gold n 4 Silver at the Asian Rowing Championships. If we send our team in World regatta events we surely can improve a lot. Just going for few events once in a while cant give us the desired result and harsh to blame the athletes about their results. Investing few more crores will surely help us qualify for Olympics more boats then ever. If we stick to only Asian events then we will get only 1 boat.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UCI Rankings 2021

Men Elite Sprint Ranking -  Ronaldo - 67

                                           Esow      - 78

Men Elite Keirin Ranking  -  Esow      - 38

Men Elite 1km Time Trial Ranking - Ronaldo - 19

Men Elite 1km  Team Time Trial Ranking  - 17

Men Elite Team Sprint Ranking    - 26

Men Elite Team Keirin Ranking    - 25

Men Elite Team Pursuit Ranking   - 29

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, Prashanth said:

India get 2 Gold n 4 Silver at the Asian Rowing Championships. If we send our team in World regatta events we surely can improve a lot. Just going for few events once in a while cant give us the desired result and harsh to blame the athletes about their results. Investing few more crores will surely help us qualify for Olympics more boats then ever. If we stick to only Asian events then we will get only 1 boat.

I don't think rowing is a priority for IOA, as we are going win a quota anyway. Also the boat is expensive and the main training centers are at Army locations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Prashanth said:

UCI Rankings 2021

Men Elite Sprint Ranking -  Ronaldo - 67

                                           Esow      - 78

Men Elite Keirin Ranking  -  Esow      - 38

Men Elite 1km Time Trial Ranking - Ronaldo - 19

Men Elite 1km  Team Time Trial Ranking  - 17

Men Elite Team Sprint Ranking    - 26

Men Elite Team Keirin Ranking    - 25

Men Elite Team Pursuit Ranking   - 29

What is the probability of them qualifying for 2024 Olympics 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

What is the probability of them qualifying for 2024 Olympics 

At present no one looks in the position but many outing like this and training outside India should bring them close though.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, Prashanth said:

India get 2 Gold n 4 Silver at the Asian Rowing Championships. If we send our team in World regatta events we surely can improve a lot. Just going for few events once in a while cant give us the desired result and harsh to blame the athletes about their results. Investing few more crores will surely help us qualify for Olympics more boats then ever. If we stick to only Asian events then we will get only 1 boat.

I think it's time to decrease  investing in inland Rowing . 2024 will be the last games with so many events in rowing on river. 

 

It's all but a sureity that coastal rowing will have a substantial number of events from 2028 and inland rowing and costal rowing are totally different .

 

Honourable mention for Gayle Zulema de Miranda who took up the sport at 14 in US and has been winning numerous medals in sprint category , a creditable quarter final finish at the WC (top 8 ) only losing out to the world champion (it's a head on sprint format) at just 18 years. Hopefully if she doesn't get lured by the USNOC as she does qualify to compete under US too, and coastal rowing gets added to 2028 LA she'll be a great talent to watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I think it's time to decrease  investing in inland Rowing . 2024 will be the last games with so many events in rowing on river. 

 

It's all but a sureity that coastal rowing will have a substantial number of events from 2028 and inland rowing and costal rowing are totally different .

 

Honourable mention for Gayle Zulema de Miranda who took up the sport at 14 in US and has been winning numerous medals in sprint category , a creditable quarter final finish at the WC (top 8 ) only losing out to the world champion (it's a head on sprint format) at just 18 years. Hopefully if she doesn't get lured by the USNOC as she does qualify to compete under US too, and coastal rowing gets added to 2028 LA she'll be a great talent to watch. 

I honestly want to know how in the world do you know about her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...