website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

3 hours ago, Prashanth said:

FIFA/AFC should allow India to send Indian Super league champion to the AFC Championships and the winner of I-League to the AFC Cup rather than to the present system of I-League winner to AFC Championships and Winner of federation Cup to the AFC Cup. What do the rest say on this.

I would rather wait for the "the new league" (merger) than with this suggestion. Coz I feel ISL is still in early stages and there are players who play in both which will become a major conflict.. Say Mumbai wins next season's ISL and we have Bengaluru FC as champions of I League, where will Sunil Chhetri play? There are lot of questions to answer

Just now, gvaisakh said:

I would rather wait for the "the new league" (merger) than with this suggestion. Coz I feel ISL is still in early stages and there are players who play in both which will become a major conflict.. Say Mumbai wins next season's ISL and we have Bengaluru FC as champions of I League, where will Sunil Chhetri play? There are lot of questions to answer

Yaa now we have a confirmation too that new league going to start from 2018...From October to March 2019....its a tentative idea dates...

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

56 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

AIFF confirms ISL, I-League merger in 2018

I hope this does not get postponed year after year. Also, AIFF need to address the role of the administrators of I League clubs (more like public body with elections) and ISL clubs (private body with businessmen)

Rowing federation has screwed up badly. Won't be surprised if we fail to qualify even a single rower for Olympics with easier qualification format. They will blame Army for not sending best rowers but won't tell why no female rowers are being sent to qualification tournament. RFI wants Army to train rowers year round and then cribs when Army coaches want some say in selection process. 

Sawarn's performance in London raised hopes but last Asian games were two steps back and now it is all over. 

53 minutes ago, RickygoestoRio said:

Lahiri ranks 51 and SP ranks 213.Hope Lahiri will make the cut.

Both Lahiri & SSP should easily make the cut, especially since few higher ranked golfers have started to announce that they will not go to Rio

Follow the updated ranking list here http://www.igfgolf.org/olympic-games/qualification-system/ogr-men/ :evil:

3 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

Both Lahiri & SSP should easily make the cut, especially since few higher ranked golfers have started to announce that they will not go to Rio

Follow the updated ranking list here http://www.igfgolf.org/olympic-games/qualification-system/ogr-men/ :evil:

4 hours ago, RickygoestoRio said:

Hello everyone!How you guys doin'?
I am here to talk about Golf.We'll have three golfers in line qualifying for Rio.
Anirban Lahirii, S.S.P. Chawrasia are two of them.Other being Jyoti Randhawa I thnk.

First - let me say it is impossible for three golfers from India to qualify ....as per the rules .................. All players within the top-15 of the rankings as of July 11, 2016, will be eligible, with one big caveat: No more than four players can come from any one country. The rest of the field will be determined by the world golf rankings, with a maximum of two players per country for countries that don't have more than two players in the top-15.

we have no players in the top 15 so no chance of more than 2 ....both SSP and Anirban will qualify easily as per the latest list ( check out gvaisakh list)  ....I do not think in two months  that they will drop out of the top 60..so they are almost sure to participate .... In women aditi ashok is 57 out of 60 so has a reasonable chance to make it provided she does not slip in the rankings in the next 2 months ...see the list below 

http://www.igfgolf.org/olympic-games/qualification-system/ogr-women/

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

finallly some news of seema antil and krishna poonia ....................she finished second at the hartnell throwers meet with a throw with 58.86 m ...with the A qualification at 61m she still has some way to go ..................... but a good start ...also news that krishna Poonia ( who I thought retired ) is making a comeback .................. I am hoping that we have 1 ( or 2 ) qualifiers in womens discus as both are easily capable of breaking the 61 m mark ...................................

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

finallly some news of seema antil and krishna poonia ....................she finished second at the hartnell throwers meet with a throw with 58.86 m ...with the A qualification at 61m she still has some way to go ..................... but a good start ...also news that krishna Poonia ( who I thought retired ) is making a comeback .................. I am hoping that we have 1 ( or 2 ) qualifiers in womens discus as both are easily capable of breaking the 61 m mark ...................................

Hope they participate in the upcoming season starting with federation Cup from April 28th....Athletics season is starting..Hope we get more qualification. 

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go