website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

22 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

As per norms, two men and two women per country can make the cut.

All eight will first compete in Stage 1 of the event (South Asian region qualification). However, it has been learnt that Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives have decided to forego the event, leaving the Indians to compete against each other. The competition will be tougher in Stage 2, where India vie for two more spots.

Only 1 spot in 2nd round. Were we can have only 1 player.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

20 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Guys it would be nice if on a weekly basis Maybe on Sunday ...one of the group members could update all the key Olympic events of the week for India At least  ( as the chase is hotting up for quotas ) .........:( am missing totally olympics list .......

Most of the qualification events are updated in the 1st page (4th post... It is sorted by sports and not by week)

20 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

This week 

Badminton - Singapore Open ( starts 12th April )  - Maybe the last chance for the Indian men to get a second qualifier ....... Kashyap , Ajay and Prannoy still have a slim chance , Saina to get back into peak form and increase her ranking for seeding at the olympics and try to be in the top 4 ........ Sindhu again to push to be in the top 8, 

Saina tweeted yesterday: "Good to be back home after 2 months". Which means she is not participating in Singapore Open.

Kashyap won't be participating in Olympics. He's still nursing his injury and withdrew from Singapore Open. In a recent interview, he told that he hopes to return to competitive action by June

I do feel only Ajay has some chance of qualifying along with Srikanth especially after Prannoy is drawn against Chen Long in 1st round of Singapore Open.

The seeds for the 2016 Olympic Games Badminton competition shall be determined using the BWF ranking list of 21 July 2016.. http://bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=634112&dl=1

Even though the qualification will end by May 1st, the qualified players can try to improve the rankings till July 21st.. So a lot of tournaments for Srikanth, Saina, Sindhu, Jwala/Ashwini, Manu/Sumeeth to improve their rankings

Dipa Karmakar's  Rio Olympic test event is on 17th April , 2016

The Executive Committee of Gymnastics Federation of India headed by Shri Sudhakar Shetty (President) nominated Dipa for the 2016 Rio Olympics Test Event scheduled at Rio de Janeiro from 16th to 19th April 2016. This will be a golden opportunity for Dipa to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics. Dipa have earned this position through her performance and hard work. Good luck to her and hope for a first ever Olympic Qualification by an Indian Gymnast.

23 minutes ago, gvaisakh said:

I think he meant 1 spot for each gender in stage 2

Yes I think Sharath Kamal will qualify through that South Asian Countries quota and Soumyajit Ghosh and others will fight for the other quota in the 2nd round.

Similar cases for Womens Group also.

2 hours ago, Prashanth said:

Only 1 spot in 2nd round. Were we can have only 1 player.

By two spots I mean to say Mens and Womens spot in the 2nd round. I hope Mens and Womens will get one quota each in 1st round

27 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

By two spots I mean to say Mens and Womens spot in the 2nd round. I hope Mens and Womens will get one quota each in 1st round

We are guaranteed 1 spot each from the 1st Round. Since no other country is there in South Asia group.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

2 hours ago, gvaisakh said:

No Indian Fencers qualified for Rio 2016 as the qualification timeline & events for Asian fencers ends today

Had hopes on Bombala Devi....But she didn't manage to get there...Hope next games she should make with more experience and more investment...

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go