website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

18 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

What is the probability of them qualifying for 2024 Olympics 

At present no one looks in the position but many outing like this and training outside India should bring them close though.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

On 12/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, Prashanth said:

India get 2 Gold n 4 Silver at the Asian Rowing Championships. If we send our team in World regatta events we surely can improve a lot. Just going for few events once in a while cant give us the desired result and harsh to blame the athletes about their results. Investing few more crores will surely help us qualify for Olympics more boats then ever. If we stick to only Asian events then we will get only 1 boat.

I think it's time to decrease  investing in inland Rowing . 2024 will be the last games with so many events in rowing on river. 

It's all but a sureity that coastal rowing will have a substantial number of events from 2028 and inland rowing and costal rowing are totally different .

Honourable mention for Gayle Zulema de Miranda who took up the sport at 14 in US and has been winning numerous medals in sprint category , a creditable quarter final finish at the WC (top 8 ) only losing out to the world champion (it's a head on sprint format) at just 18 years. Hopefully if she doesn't get lured by the USNOC as she does qualify to compete under US too, and coastal rowing gets added to 2028 LA she'll be a great talent to watch. 

17 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I think it's time to decrease  investing in inland Rowing . 2024 will be the last games with so many events in rowing on river. 

It's all but a sureity that coastal rowing will have a substantial number of events from 2028 and inland rowing and costal rowing are totally different .

Honourable mention for Gayle Zulema de Miranda who took up the sport at 14 in US and has been winning numerous medals in sprint category , a creditable quarter final finish at the WC (top 8 ) only losing out to the world champion (it's a head on sprint format) at just 18 years. Hopefully if she doesn't get lured by the USNOC as she does qualify to compete under US too, and coastal rowing gets added to 2028 LA she'll be a great talent to watch. 

I honestly want to know how in the world do you know about her. 

6 hours ago, Dolby said:

I honestly want to know how in the world do you know about her. 

Her article was published in toi, indian express and goan daily. Before that I had no idea of coastal rowing. After the world rowing has made it clear to request scrapping of lightweight rowing and few other events in favour of coastal rowing at same venue as sailing it sounded great.