website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

9 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

For a team ranked 10th, a quarterfinal place was a realistic target, and the team has done better than that. Expecting to finish 4th though

Agree, GB seemed to be a better team than Argentina, it will be difficult but if we can play like the Aus match we can win bronze.

2 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

Agree, GB seemed to be a better team than Argentina, it will be difficult but if we can play like the Aus match we can win bronze.

GB is not better than Argentina at all. British girls are strong physically but technically very inferior to our girls. Trust me, I watch these teams all the time. I would even say your girls are not worse than the british in individual technique.

If your team can keep up intensity you have a fair chance. But it's a big if.

By some distance today is the best day for India at this Olympics:

1. Wrestling - Ravi Kumar entered finals confirming medal. Deepak punia is one match away and Anshu Malik is 2 matches a

way from winning bronze.

2. Athletics: Neeraj Chopra toppe the qualification round with just one throw.

3. Golf: Aditi Ashok is in joint 2nd position after 1st day

4. Hockey: India fought brilliantly in their loss against 2nd ranked Argentina .

5.Lovlina getting bronze in boxing

Spoiler

Wrestling:

Valeria Kovlova from ROC defeated Anshu Malik of India in the repechage match of 57 Kg women's freestyle wrestling 5-1. It was a hard fight match from Anshu and Valeria struck at the very last minute.