website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Madhusudhan said:

Satwik and chirag are drawn along world no.1 indonesian pair in mens doubles badminton

In one way its good that even if they finish second in their group they will avoid this pair until finals

How is it good to have World number 1 in the group?

They cannot even cross group stage.

15 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Olympic Badminton Draw is out

Men's Singles: Sai Praneeth is in Group D with :NED Mark Caljouw and :ISR Misha Zilberman. The match against Caljouw is tricky but Praneeth should win. He is then expected to meet :HKG Ng Ka Long in the Round of 16

Women's Singles: PV Sindhu is in group I with :HKG Cheung Ngan Yi and :ISR Ksenia Polikarpova. Again the :HKG match is tricky but Sindhu should win. She is expected to meet :KOR Kim ga Eun in Round of 16

Men's Doubles: Perhaps the toughest draw as Satwik-Chirag pair are in Group A with :INA Minions, World no 3 :TPE Lee Yang-Wang Chi and :GBR Sean Vendy-Ben Lane.

Ridiculous, how come 2 seeded teams be in the same group? There are 4 seeds and 4 groups in Mens Doubles?

11 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

Ridiculous, how come 2 seeded teams be in the same group? There are 4 seeds and 4 groups in Mens Doubles?

:TPE team was ranked 6th in Race to Tokyo. So, they along with :IND, the second :JPN team and :KOR were unseeded. Group D also has 3 teams in top 10: :INA:MAS and :KOR. Group B has :DEN and :RUS alongside :JPN, all three are good. I think we have clear favourites only in Group C where I think :CHN and :JPN are much better than :GER and :USA. What is different is our group doesn't have a weak team. 

My Prediction from this Olympic in Terms of Medals. Please give your Comments.

Sport Men Women Total Medal Assumption
Minimum Maximum
Archery 3 1 4 1 2
Athletics 17 9 26 1 2
Badminton 3 1 67 1 1
Boxing 5 4 9 1 2
Equestrian 1 0 1    
Fencing 0 1 1    
Field hockey 16 16 32 1 1
Golf 2 1 3    
Gymnastics 0 1 1    
Judo 0 1 1