website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Awesome run by the mens 4*400 team .....................straight to Rio !!!................ and a great national record to Boot beating the old record by 2 whole seconds :clap:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

16 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Awesome run by the mens 4*400 team .....................straight to Rio !!!................ and a great national record to Boot beating the old record by 2 whole seconds :clap:

#JeetoRio

3 hours ago, Vivek said:

Yes its great...  now 115 almost confirmed. Can we get 120...?

Not impossible ............but needs the 4*100 squad to do well ..they have the potential easily ..............which will give 3 more , to reach 200 we will need  2 individual qualification 

Neena was close today ( unfortunately has no chance tomorrow as per the schedule ) , we have jinson in 800, jithin in the 400mh, triple jumpers , Javelin throwers , ( it is a  pity sidhanth has no chance tomorrow ) , the 400 m women and 400m men is there tomorrow but because of the 4*400 qualifications it may not add quota places .................... so very difficult but not  impossible 

but Vivek 120 is only a number................ the quality of players is very important .....the 4*400 m run was awesome and could take them to a final in the atheletics ...................which was well beyond my expectations .....................let us hope for something similar from the 4*100 women - they have the potential to do very well and so has neeraj chopra - I am hoping for something outstanding from them 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

I know 120 is only a number, but this number is very big for all of us. Until April and even in May, All sports news broadcasters and even SAI officials were predecting anything between 95 to 100. But if we will sent 120 it means 20% more of what our officials were predicting, and moreover almost 50% more than previous games. And Just see the fire of our athlets, they wants to get olympic quota and to achive this they are breaking national records almost every day. I never heard any thing like this ever. Today their aim is to win Olympics quota, next generation aim will be to win medals. It just a start of sports culture in our society. Now I hope upwards trends will continue. 

44 minutes ago, sanjaydas said:

So how many medals can we win. All websites predicting at least 5 medals.

Dont listen to them....

these websites use algorithms based on last 2-3 month performance and rankings.....

with a bit of luck we'll easily surpass London tally by a margin

2 minutes ago, Vivek said:

I know 120 is only a number, but this number is very big for all of us. Until April and even in May, All sports news broadcasters and even SAI officials were predecting anything between 95 to 100. But if we will sent 120 it means 20% more of what our officials were predicting, and moreover almost 50% more than previous games. And Just see the fire of our athlets, they wants to get olympic quota and to achive this they are breaking national records almost every day. I never heard any thing like this ever. Today their aim is to win Olympics quota, next generation aim will be to win medals. It just a start of sports culture in our society. Now I hope upwards trends will continue. 

absolutely.....its not just abt this generation.....we have an athlete in 100m...we have one in 200m.....our 400 teams are setting new standards.....this is simply exciting.....all or shooters can win a medal on their day...exciting stuff....as fans we can nitpick...but we should all be excited.....what amazing prospects....we've all experienced the highs....some athletes may falter,,,,others will make up...but the excitement and promise is palpable....And this will reflect in Rio.....1 medal less wont matter..each of these athletes are setti ng new highs for all to follow..thats the best part...enjoy the excitement,....enjoy the promise....

4 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Not impossible ............but needs the 4*100 squad to do well ..they have the potential easily ..............which will give 3 more , to reach 200 we will need  2 individual qualification 

Neena was close today ( unfortunately has no chance tomorrow as per the schedule ) , we have jinson in 800, jithin in the 400mh, triple jumpers , Javelin throwers , ( it is a  pity sidhanth has no chance tomorrow ) , the 400 m women and 400m men is there tomorrow but because of the 4*400 qualifications it may not add quota places .................... so very difficult but not  impossible 

but Vivek 120 is only a number................ the quality of players is very important .....the 4*400 m run was awesome and could take them to a final in the atheletics ...................which was well beyond my expectations .....................let us hope for something similar from the 4*100 women - they have the potential to do very well and so has neeraj chopra - I am hoping for something outstanding from them 

AFI has added Women's long jump in today's event. So Neena has 1 more chance

8 hours ago, Steve_RP said:

absolutely.....its not just abt this generation.....we have an athlete in 100m...we have one in 200m.....our 400 teams are setting new standards.....this is simply exciting.....all or shooters can win a medal on their day...exciting stuff....as fans we can nitpick...but we should all be excited.....what amazing prospects....we've all experienced the highs....some athletes may falter,,,,others will make up...but the excitement and promise is palpable....And this will reflect in Rio.....1 medal less wont matter..each of these athletes are setti ng new highs for all to follow..thats the best part...enjoy the excitement,....enjoy the promise....

Agreed...except the '1 medal less wont matter"