website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

9 hours ago, Harsh Shah said:

Its great!!! I hope they are clean and doping free!!!

I am sure they should be free of doping as they being coached by Kunjarani who was the mary kom of womens weightlifting ...... a legend who was also tested and retested without even the slightest signs of doping ..... I get scared of the east european coaches .................

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 minute ago, Prashanth said:

Are the sprint results correct. If correct then we have several national record broken. 10.09 s in men's sprint for an Indian, Even women sprint crossed the mark of Olympics...:yikes::yikes::mumble::mumble:

due to the power outage ...these marks were done using hand held equipment ............. ( our officials bungled once again ) ....................... The marks do not hold  as handheld equipment is not counted for any international marks ......and also hand held timing is notoriously inaccurate for shorter sprints ...........................................

But I would like to see their timings in the next event which is the federation cup after a couple of days to see how they do .............................  I am hoping that we may have 1-2 olympic qualifications ......................... The mark of 10.09 I feel is still significant as he seems to have a substantial lead over the person who came second and anas beating arokia rajiv shows that he is on a strong +ve growth curve  ....on the other hand the javelin and discuss throws were disappointing ............................krishna poonia just did 55.4 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

EVENTS TO FOLLOW THIS WEEK

RIO QUALIFICATION

Badminton - Asia Championships 2016 - 26 Apr to 1 May

Weightlifting - Asia Championships 2016 - 24 Apr to 30 Apr

RIO PREPARATION

Archery - World Cup Stage 1 - 27 Apr to 1 May

1 hour ago, gvaisakh said:

EVENTS TO FOLLOW THIS WEEK

RIO QUALIFICATION

Badminton - Asia Championships 2016 - 26 Apr to 1 May

Weightlifting - Asia Championships 2016 - 24 Apr to 30 Apr

RIO PREPARATION

Archery - World Cup Stage 1 - 27 Apr to 1 May

Thanks gv......... I was wondering if we can put this information in the first page of the India Page ..........Like we used to in the events of the week section ( in the old totallyolympics ) ....and update this every week ( so that we have one location where we check the latest week events ) ... also I think we can add to this list the atheletics federation cup April 28-30 ..... which may be critical for one or two qualifications 

Indian rower Dattu Bhokanal qualified for the Rio Olympics after winning a silver in the finals of men's single sculls at the 2016 FISA Asian and Oceania Olympic Qualification Regatta at Chung-ju in South Korea.

He clocked 7 mins 07.49 seconds in the 2km course to finish second.

Men's light weight double sculls pair Vikram Singh and Roopendra Singh finished fifth in the finals. Only top three qualify for the Olympics in this category

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

Thanks gv......... I was wondering if we can put this information in the first page of the India Page ..........Like we used to in the events of the week section ( in the old totallyolympics ) ....and update this every week ( so that we have one location where we check the latest week events ) ... also I think we can add to this list the atheletics federation cup April 28-30 ..... which may be critical for one or two qualifications 

Sure.. I am traveling today.. Will do it tmrw

The Final Top Seeded Archers who Are most Probable For the Journey Of Rio De Janeiro From Archery are as follows
Recurve Men
1 Atanu Das.
2 Mangal Singh Champia
3 Rahul Banerjee
4 Jayanta Talukdar

Recurve Women
1Deepika Kumari
2 Laxmi Rani Majhi
3 Rimil Buriuly
4 Bombayla Devi Laishram

Hoping 2 more individual quotas in Men and a team quota in Men