website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

52 minutes ago, sanjaydas said:

Our real hope is in Shooting, Wrestling and Boxing, in that order. Probably with addition from men's hockey, mirabai and javelin.

Badminton would definitely be ahead of the last three and would add archery to the last three 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Badminton would definitely be ahead of the last three and would add archery to the last three 

Mirabhai would probably have highest probability for medalling among our whole contingent, if she stays fit.

37 minutes ago, sanjaydas said:

No qualification in golf this time.

At present we are on track to qualify 4 golfers to Tokyo. 2 in both genders.

Rashid Khan is at 53 in IGF Olympic rankings, after deducting players not eligible due to NOC limit. Udayan Mane is at 60. Sharma and Kapur are R2 and R3. I expect a decent amount of professional golfers will skip Olympics, so we are in decent position to get atleast 1 men Golfer. Realistically, 2 is feasible. 

Aditi at 38 is almost surely qualified to Olympics. Diksha is at 57 at present. I think there is not much depth in Ladies Golf, so one decent result can push someone else in qualifying spot, so Diksha is not safe but there is hope. 

So, we should qualify 2-4 golfers for Olympics. 

2 hours ago, Dolby said:

At present we are on track to qualify 4 golfers to Tokyo. 2 in both genders.

Rashid Khan is at 53 in IGF Olympic rankings, after deducting players not eligible due to NOC limit. Udayan Mane is at 60. Sharma and Kapur are R2 and R3. I expect a decent amount of professional golfers will skip Olympics, so we are in decent position to get atleast 1 men Golfer. Realistically, 2 is feasible. 

Aditi at 38 is almost surely qualified to Olympics. Diksha is at 57 at present. I think there is not much depth in Ladies Golf, so one decent result can push someone else in qualifying spot, so Diksha is not safe but there is hope. 

So, we should qualify 2-4 golfers for Olympics. 

I have seen Diksha Dagar in 55-57 range since time immemorial and I doubt she would drop out, so we should expect 2 female golfers qualifying. In men, Rashid Khan should qualify; but for qualifying for the second the real competition is Fabian Gomez (ranked 259) and Ricardo Santos (ranked 309). Check the re-allocation pdf for the last spot which will give a better understanding. 

Just now, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

I have seen Diksha Dagar in 55-57 range since time immemorial and I doubt she would drop out, so we should expect 2 female golfers qualifying. In men, Rashid Khan should qualify; but for qualifying for the second the real competition is Fabian Gomez (ranked 259) and Ricardo Santos (ranked 309). Check the re-allocation pdf for the last spot which will give a better understanding. 

Yes, I always check the reallocation pdf only.

Reason I am giving Diksha 70-80% chance: I think some unknown person can also overtake her with just a couple of decent persons. Also, there is not much depth in Ladies Golf, so there won't be many withdrawals. 

For Men: I am sure a decent number of professionals will withdraw. So, I think we have 70-80% chance there as well. 

I am expecting 4 golfers to qualify. 1 in each gender is almost guaranteed. Would be extremely unlucky to miss out on 2nd in both genders. But there is a possibility that we miss out on 2nd quota in atleast one of the genders. 

BWF Ranking

Men's Singles   :- Sai             -10

Srikanth    -12

Kashyap     -25                                          

Women's Singles:- Sindhu      - 6

Saina       - 18

Men's Doubles  :- Satwik/Chirag      -10                                                       

Women's Doubles:- Ashwini/Sikki    -29                           

Mixed Doubles   :-  Pranaav/Sikki    -28

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go