website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Phenomenal performance by our Shooters. 15 quotas. Breakdown of the quota

Men's Rifle: 4/4

Women's Rifle: 3/4 (Anjum can start in the remaining event)

Men's Pistol: 2/4 (Still chance for Anish to qualify via ranking)

Women's Pistol: 4/4 (Considering Manu will start in both events, we have extra quota here)

Men's Shotgun: 2/4 (Kynan was close to quota many times but just couldn't get it)

Women's Shotgun: 0/4 (Only discipline with zero quotas but still might get one due to swap of Chinki's quota)

So, almost full team in Rifle/Pistol. 2 quotas today even salvaged the Shotgun team. 

Now the selection headache starts. Most events it will be direct. Women's 10m Air rifle and womens 50m 3P will have the real fight for place. Also a contest can develop between the Women trap shooters with the women skeet shooters, in case swap happens. Very important events - the WC final this year and WC next year will be important

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

Now the selection headache starts. Most events it will be direct. Women's 10m Air rifle and womens 50m 3P will have the real fight for place. Also a contest can develop between the Women trap shooters with the women skeet shooters, in case swap happens. Very important events - the WC final this year and WC next year will be important

According to me, the only event with headache is Women's 10m Air Rifle. Mehuli is almost surely out, not because she is shooting bad but since she is shooting in MQS, she can't get bonus points for reaching finals or rankings. I don't think NRAI would want a situation where Apurvi or Anjum miss out on Olympics, so only two possibilities are there. 

1) Apurvi and Anjum are selected in 10m. Anjum starts in 50x3 as well. Chinki's quota goes to Shotgun events. If Kynan is able to get a quota through ranking (very small chance), then it will surely go to Trap, otherwise it could go to either. Whoever gets the quota would be very lucky. 

2) Elavenil replaces Anjum in 10m. Chinki's quota is swapped for another in 50x3. 

While personally, I would prefer option 2, I think option 1 is more likely. In fact, I would place the likelihood as 75% for 1 and 25% for 2.