website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

4 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

A fellow data analyst!!!

I don't follow Athletics as much as I do Football, Badminton,Hockey etc and hence my understanding is limited. 

But to check progress in whatever sports, just counting medals isn't the right parameter but participations in World events, gradual improvement in National Records, progression to latter stages and so on. I certainly believe we are making huge strides and the results are showing.

The fact that we are even discussing medals itself is huge compared to 15-20 years where we would just show up to fill the numbers

cannot agree more ...did see your data on India - Pak ODI - That was good indicator of the fall of Pak sports .......as per my analysis on the atheltics data ...medals will happen next 3-4 years , possibly 2024 we will realise our first atheletics medal at the olympics ....we are close right now but neeraj chopra has to get healthy or Hima has top improve on her PB by one second and hima will come through to the mixed 4*400 where her time difference 50.7 with Jisna 52.7 will cut two  seconds and bring us into the realm of an unlikely but possible victory from being the 5th best side  

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

cannot agree more ...did see your data on India - Pak ODI - That was good indicator of the fall of Pak sports .......

Atleast in cricket Pakistan can compete. In hockey its even worse. Although the H2H is India 62 wins to Pakistan's 82, India last suffered defeat in South Asian Games final in 2016. Since there has been 11 matches and India won 10 of those

4 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Avinash Sable creates new NR to finish 13th and qualify to Tokyo

Very strategic and matured performance, never tried to compete with the big guys just followed them from behind, saved his adrenaline till the last, knew what he wanted to achieve and delivered. So came down by 7.5s in this WC tournament itself, needs to double that if he can do so come down by 15s in the next 10 months he can have a medal chance too outside chance, anyway should make it to the finals in Tokyo.

Just now, Sanjib said:

Very strategic and matured performance, never tried to compete with the big guys just followed them from behind, saved his adrenaline till the last, knew what he wanted to achieve and delivered. So came down by 7.5s in this WC tournament itself, needs to double that if he can do so come down by 15s in the next 10 months he can have a medal chance too outside chance, anyway should make it to the finals in Tokyo.

Good performance..... Beating the NR twice 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, Shravan Kumar said:

World Athletics World Championship 

Javelin M : Shivpal Singh - 19.00 

Automatic qualification is 84.00m

4x400m relay W: 22.25 (Heat 1)

4x400m relay M: 23.05 (Heat 2)

Marathon M : Thonakal Gopi - 2.30

A really exciting schedule