website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

6 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

In table tennis are there any chance of our players to qualify for world grand tour finals in Dec? There are 4 mixed doubles quota from that event, not realistic for us to get though but where at we in terms of partipation?

I don't think so. We are way behind. Our best pair is ranked 25. India has 51 points but the last pair qualifying at the moment have 183 points.

This is according to the August 30 ranking. Next update is on October 1

3 hours ago, sanjaydas said:

Aare, in weightlifting, only Mirabai Chanu has any realistic chance of winning anything. She will also probably be the only one travelling to Tokyo. We should shift focus on Hockey and Archery.

When is the next Archery qualification happening.

Asian qualification on Nov 22-28 in Bangkok and team qualification in Jun 22-28 next year in Berlin

2 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

Dutee goes 11.48 

Finishes 8th in her heat

sadly I do not see any of the Indian atheletes till now even score a PB or even close to it - I think their build up to an event like this should be such that they run at their PB 

Sreeshanker was really low even compared to what he did a month back , in fact if he had made 8:00 he would have reached the finals ......

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi