website statistics
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

India National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw so many lists for possible medallists so my listicle    Top 20 Medal chances for India( this is in no order )    1. 50m Prone - Gagan Narang - Medalllist last year in one of t

We are seeing very good result in shooting, Armed forces played a big role in creating a poll of good shooters in India. I think Army can easily repeat their shooting success in Equestrian, Canoeing,

His plea about what ??? There are qualifying tournaments still left..if he wants to compete he can...ask for wild card may be when he tries and loses. At the moment he may not even be the best in Indi

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Dolby said:

Yes all three relay teams have qualified for WCs. But, I don’t have any hopes from them considering the lacklustre form of our quarter milers 

Seriously do not see any hope of even a top 10 performance given current form ........ best bet may be dharun or 4*400 mixed to reach top 10 which may be best we can hope for ........... i hope a few of the others can beat their PB or maybe the NR 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Just now, nitinsanker said:

Seriously do not see any hope of even a top 10 performance given current form ........ best bet may be dharun or 4*400 mixed to reach top 10 which may be best we can hope for ........... i hope a few of the others can beat their PB or maybe the NR 

Dharun is not fully fit and there is no clarity if he will take part in only relays or will participate in hurdles as well. 

Regarding PB/NR, except Annu Rani and Jinson Johnson, I don't think anyone else is even close to breaking NR at present. Really sad state of affairs. 

Just now, Dolby said:

Dharun is not fully fit and there is no clarity if he will take part in only relays or will participate in hurdles as well. 

Regarding PB/NR, except Annu Rani and Jinson Johnson, I don't think anyone else is even close to breaking NR at present. Really sad state of affairs. 

I really saw a turn around in badminton at the world champs ..... let us hope the atheletics people are able to turn things around especially in the relays and at least break the NR ...... I am so tired of stupid hype - India wins 5 golds ( in some pathetic competition ) , hima wins 5 gold medals in a row ( without coming below a pathetic 53 ) ..... what a waste of money - they spent 70 lakhs on this european tour of events 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

On athletics we had an injury affected year, that can happen thanks it's not 2020, we had a few NRs - Muhammad Anas, Annu Rani, Dharun, Jinson Johnson, Dutee, Tesjashwin was close, more guys doing well in 400m not really that bad after the wonderful 2018, let's keep hope, expecting good results in the world championships.

1 hour ago, Sanjib said:

On athletics we had an injury affected year, that can happen thanks it's not 2020, we had a few NRs - Muhammad Anas, Annu Rani, Dharun, Jinson Johnson, Dutee, Tesjashwin was close, more guys doing well in 400m not really that bad after the wonderful 2018, let's keep hope, expecting good results in the world championships.

Look the problem as

per me are that the atheletes/ teams  were major hopes after 2018 have not improved at all , rather have detiorated  ...... the best teams were the 4*400 relays , neeraj , hima , dharun , toor and arpinder and not one of them have improved....... the second rung of atheletes have improved 

1 hour ago, nitinsanker said:

Look the problem as

per me are that the atheletes/ teams  were major hopes after 2018 have not improved at all , rather have detiorated  ...... the best teams were the 4*400 relays , neeraj , hima , dharun , toor and arpinder and not one of them have improved....... the second rung of atheletes have improved 

Yeah, the performance in the Asian championship this year was below par too, injuries have not helped neeraj, Hima, Dharun and you don't come back from injury and start at your best again specially in athletics, Anas took sometime post injury to do well, again Rajiv got injured,  2nd rung Alex Anthony, Jabir, Jeevan K S, Anjali Devi, Sivpal Singh are all good expecting some to go past our best athletes records in future, Sreeshankar and Toor should do well no excuses for them, Arpinder is ok, never expected much from him. Inderjit is back again should touch 20m soon. Few months left in 2019 the last qtr, things will be much better.