website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Quite satisfied with the draw. 

Men's team should win easily against Russia, even while trying things. Its good that we avoided Pakistan otherwise the political side would have overshadowed the hockey. 

The key team to avoid for Women's team was Belgium and we were lucky to avoid them. USA was among the top teams till some time back but at present are on a downward spiral. At home, we should be able to eke out a win against them. 

On 07/09/2019 at 16:52, nitinsanker said:

A quick analysis of If we were to get medals at tokyo olympics  as per world ranking in  based on todays world ranking  

Shooting 

10M Air pistol Men 

SILVER . Abhishek 

BRONZE  Saurabh

10  M Air rifle Women 

GOLD Apurvi 

SILVER Anjum 

Mixed Rifle Team ( back of the envelope calculations - No offical ranking ) 

GOLD India A - Divyansh and Anjum 

BRONZE  India B - Apurvi and Deepak

Mixed Pistol Team 

GOLD - Saurabh and Manu 

Wrestling 

50 Kg Women

BRONZE - Seema 

66 Kg Men 

GOLD - Bajrang 

Boxing 

57 Kg Women

Sonia - BRONZE

Weightlifting 

BRONZE - Mirabai Chanu 

Total would be 4-2-4

Actually I would be extremely happy if we can do that 

Fingers crossed for that elusive Olympics Gold with shooters performance in recent period......

I hope our shooters are not peaking too early and they maintain their consistency atleast for one more year

6 hours ago, Madhusudhan said:

Crucial September month for India with world wrestling, world weightlifting, world boxing and world athletics events......

these events will indicate india preparedness for olympics...

its pity that neeraj will not be participating

I think world boxing , world wrestling , world weightlifting and womens boxing in early oct are crucial ......... atheletics seems in a bad shape ...... no good results this year till date - neeraj injured and hima has been having back issues , the major improvements in the national records -  i remember jinson -  1500 m., annu rani - jav , sable - 3000 sc and dharun - 400mh ..... i think only dharuns was

in the top 20 this year so dharun and unless some miracle by javelin shivpal to improve pb but his recent throws have been pathetic .,,.... did the relay teams make it ? 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi