Nitu-48Kg

nikhat_zareen -51Kg

ManishaMoun-57Kg

Simranjitboxer-60Kg

LovlinaBorgohain-69Kg

PoojaRani-75Kg

Won their bout to give India the victory

Nice ...... do you have full results 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

5 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Has anyone analysed India's chances in Table Tennis? I believe we can definitely secure two quota places for both Men's Singles and Women's Singles.

What are our chances in Men's Team? According to me, we should qualify as we are currently 11th while 16 teams qualify. Achanta and especially Sathiyan's performances have been very consistent. What has happened to Soumyajit Ghosh; has his personal problems resolved or not? 

Coming to Women's Singles, barring Manika Batra I saw no other strong contender. We might sneak through a second quota in Women's Singles but don't see hopes in Womne's Team. Has Mouma Das retired?

In men's team event there are 9 quotas available in Team qualification event. Remaining 7 quotas will go to continental qualifiers and host nation.

As it should be expected China will win Asian qualifier there is not much chance there. So it will be do or die in Jan in Team qualification event. Women's team qualification is slim.

If we don't qualify a team we will be able to qualify two in men's and one in women's. Not a lot of expectation of second quota in women's singles.

4 hours ago, Dolby said:

2 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Dont forget mixed doubles ....... In fact in this event we have a good chance to reach quarters I think ..............................

4 hours ago, Dolby said:

Fully agree about our chances. Sathiyan, Achanta and Manika should qualify easily. Men's Team should also qualify without too much problem. There is small chances for Women's team as well as second quota in WS. I am hopeful for Mixed Doubles as well. 

In mixed doubles it will very tough to qualify. Out of 16 quotas 6 will go to continental qualifiers and 1 to host. In the Asian qualifier it will be tough to qualify being champions. 

So basically it comes down to 9 places.

Out of 9 quotas 4 will be awarded in world tour finals in 2019. Indian pair is not in good shape to qualify for World tour finals.

Remaining 5 quotas will be awarded in World tour 2020. They will have to perform extremely well to qualify.

3 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

In mixed doubles it will very tough to qualify. Out of 16 quotas 6 will go to continental qualifiers and 1 to host. In the Asian qualifier it will be tough to qualify being champions

So basically it comes down to 9 places.

Out of 9 quotas 4 will be awarded in world tour finals in 2019. Indian pair is not in good shape to qualify for World tour finals.

Remaining 5 quotas will be awarded in World tour 2020. They will have to perform extremely well to qualify.

Achanta/Manika team is quite good, Bronze in Asian Games. Hence, the optimism. 

9 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Achanta/Manika team is quite good, Bronze in Asian Games. Hence, the optimism. 

Yeah I am optimistic but I am just saying that it's very difficult process. In multi sports events TT players have always raised their game. But mixed doubles qualification will depend on being Top 5 who have not qualified over a period of 5 months. So it will be tough but I hope they fight for it.

6 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Has anyone analysed India's chances in Table Tennis? I believe we can definitely secure two quota places for both Men's Singles and Women's Singles.

What are our chances in Men's Team? According to me, we should qualify as we are currently 11th while 16 teams qualify. Achanta and especially Sathiyan's performances have been very consistent. What has happened to Soumyajit Ghosh; has his personal problems resolved or not? 

Coming to Women's Singles, barring Manika Batra I saw no other strong contender. We might sneak through a second quota in Women's Singles but don't see hopes in Womne's Team. Has Mouma Das retired?

I think we would qualify 2 quotas in men's singles and at least 1 in Women's Singles, the second could depend on the draw. However if we qualify a team we can send 2 singles athletes per event. Men's team ranked 11, as of now will be top seeded in its part of 8 team draw in the qualifiers and could face team ranked 12 to 15 ( ex:England) and can qualify unless upsetted. 

Women's team is ranked 26th and is the 3rd best of 8 in whichever group they get at the qualifiers in Portugal . A group with Singapore can make things interesting. 

The chances of mixed doubles qualification are extremely bleak. Despite the 2018 highs Sharath has been in poor for. The Asiad bronze medallist were not even seeded in top 32 at world championship, and lost to a unfancied polish pairing in round of 64.However Sathiyan and Archana reached the round of 16 with upsets and lost to the Korean pair 4-1.The same Korean pair lost to the eventual champions by narrowest of margins and Xu Xin and liu shiwen only dropped 1 more game in semis and finals combined. Consistency is a problem for India.