website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

3 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

Nithin, how is 120 impossible? Let me give you numbers.

4X  400 relay teams(men&women) will surely qualify, takes our number to 106, swimming(2), archery(2) and golf(3), so it takes the number to 113. Boxing atleast we expect another 4 right, so it takes the number to 117, so will be not get at least another 3 places in Athletics?

The list of probables is quite big and that is why we have a chance to cross 120. 

Shooting

Rifle shooters Gagan Narang, Chain Singh and Apurvi Chandela were scheduled to train in Russia from June 3 to 21 but had to change their plans last minute. Narang, Chain and Chandela are all training under Kazakh coach Stanislas Lapidus and wrote to the ministry last week requesting to change their training venue to Switzerland. The trio anticipated that even the Russian national team would train at the same venue and were keen to avoid a clash. 

5 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

4X  400 relay teams(men&women) will surely qualify, takes our number to 106, swimming(2), archery(2) and golf(3), so it takes the number to 113. Boxing atleast we expect another 4 right, so it takes the number to 117, so will be not get at least another 3 places in Athletics?

To be honest 4 from boxing looks too difficult

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

5 hours ago, Sanjib said:

I feel that 120 means all the qualifications the way we want it to happen I do feel one or two may not and we may end up around 114-117 with one or two drops ...But I do hope you are right and I am wrong as I would love to see India cross 120 ..................... It would be tremendous achievement 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi