website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

You can post it anywhere you want. Once, I am done with all sports, I plan to collate all of them on my blog, so if you want you can wait and share link to that or post individual posts. I have no problem with either. 

Sure :d

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 00:37, Madhusudhan said:

The Cuban guy(Ramirez) who defeated shiva thapa in 1st round went on to win gold.... such a unlucky 1st round match for thapa even though he is ranked in top 5....

I thought Shiva is our best bet but he was literally toyed by Cuban guy....... even vikas krishnan got pounded by uzbek guy.... its pity that boxing has gone backwards thanks to internal pollitics

Even Repechage round similar to other combat sports would help them to win a medal.. Blame AIBA for it ..

3 hours ago, Sindo said:

Hello to all Indian users!

I hope you have enjoyed the Olympic Games! I have been informed that a Whatsapp group has been created and I guess many live comments by Totallympics users have been posted there. In fact, I was epecting many more messages here in the India National Thread during the Olympic days.

Of course, I don't want to "ban" the Whatsapp group from the forum, neither to ask users to leave it, because I am not a dictator and anyway would be totally useless. I just hope that the Whatsapp group would not hurt the Totallympics Indian community in the future. I think that to discuss on a forum is different than some quick Whatsapp messages, so of course all of you could choose whatever you prefer.

I would like to challenge the reason why the Whatsapp group has been created, anyway. I have read somewhere that it has been created to avoid the "spam posts" with live comments during the competitions. I can assure you that comments during live competitions are not spam at all, very far from that, especially in the National Thread. It is actually one of the main reasons why Totallympics has been created. Therefore all Indian users will be able to choose whatever they prefer, Whatsapp group, India National Thread or both of them, but please don't feel like live comments about Indian athletes performances on Totallympics are spam. I would really be sad the Indian Totallympics community to be weakened because of a Whatsapp group, especially if the Whatsapp group is used for a reason which is not a problem for Totallympics.

Now that Rio is over there will be a physiological drop of interest, but I hope you will be able to keep the Indian community alive also in this after-Olympic period and confirm the India National Thread to be the most active also for the next Olympic Quadriennium.

Thanks,

Sindo

@Sindo this is like our home . May be our decision was not right and this thread was not that active during olympics but believe our intention was not wrong . So all of us are back and ready to spam(not really spam) with your due permission . 

US open Tennis Qualifying Round set to begin today....

This is the most important event after the Olympics....

Ramkumar faces Italian Alessandro Giannesi in QR1.
Saketh Myneni is seeded 26th & faces Frenchman albano olivetti in QR1

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Table Tennis

Post the Rio Olympics debacle, the Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) is hoping for a turnaround with the return of Italian Massimo Costantini, who takes charge as chief coach of the national team next month.

11 hours ago, Prashanth said:

WFI says junior officials of SAI and NADA are involved in Narsingh sabotage

That's utter nonsense...did the whole world conspire against Narsingh???

His complaint affidavit is full of contradictions ....somewhere is says his food was contaminated and a cook saw something being mixed..

2nd part of the affidavit says his drink was kept on the side of the mat and somebody spiked it...

Last time WFI said the saboteur was a junior wrestler...

now they say junior officials of SAI and NADA are involved

However, CAS on the other hand say that there is no concrete evidence to prove sabotage....

on the contrary, CAS appointed expert say that Nasingh willfully took the drugs orally in a tablet form