website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 minute ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Yes in this of euphoria of hockey team winning and disappointment of Vinesh's performance, there is Aditi Ashok who is in tied in 2nd after two rounds. Hope she doesn't repeat Rio where she tied in 8th spot after 2 round but then shot 8 over par in the third round effectively ruining medal chances. Still fingers crossed for her

Yes exactly...We always have a bad round in each event to ruin our chances. That's been the story with Anirbhan n Shubhankar throughout last 2-3 years.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

1 hour ago, sounak said:

That seems a bit jumping the gun to me. Although Deepak's bronze is very much assured. But by no means is Ravi's gold assured. Russians always find a way to beat you.

Are we really sure about Deepak's bronze....i know that he is up against San Marino wrestler in bronze medal match, does not know much about this wrestler but he has been seeded 3rd

Btw any idea about Ravi chances against final opponent who is Russian and seeded 2nd...we know russians are technically so good at wrestling

What are ravi chances against him as it will be one of very few opportunities for India to win gold at olympcis?

3 minutes ago, Madhusudhan said:

Are we really sure about Deepak's bronze....i know that he is up against San Marino wrestler in bronze medal match, does not know much about this wrestler but he has been seeded 3rd

It will be close no doubt and Deepak might have to find an extra gear like Ravi did and he also did in the quarters. But still it will not be as difficult as David Taylor.

I think both Deepak and Ravi's matches will be close. Deepak's opponent Amine is a good wrestler. He is won multiple medals at European level. So, not an easy match by any stretch of imagination. Ravi's opponent Uguev is the best in the field. He is 2 time defending World Champion. He had defeated Ravi in semis in the last WC and Sanayev, Ravi's SF opponent in Finals in 2018 WC.