website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

8 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Honestly, doesn't matter. We were out of gas the moment Belgium went 3-2 up. 

If you are talking of Penalty Stroke then it was correctly given, Sreejesh was nowhere near behind the defender. We Indian fans loose the authenticity of sports when we go all out to support. I didn't feel refereeing was biased.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

Our fitness was found wanting and we didn't try to change the style of game. We didn't play 1-2 passes, Didn't try to slow the game, defending n moving out of D was pathetic. Imagine Coach had to tell boys don't attack rashly inside the D. If not for the rusher Amit we would have be starring at  pathetic scoreline. Sreejesh too was not at his best.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

22 minutes ago, Dolby said:

yaar I know, we are upset at losing but Belgians were doing much more than that. They do depend on Penalty corners a lot but it is not like that they are bad at open play. Football equivalent won't be penalty kicks but penalty kicks, corners and free kicks. And so many games are decided by set pieces only. Nothing wrong in that. Open play main dominate kar rahe the tabhi to Penalty corners mile na. 

Yeah true. I guess I am upset. Yeah they are good at open play of course that is why they are world champions.

But I strongly disagree to your point that penalty corners are equivalent to set pieces. There is a high amount of skill needed to perfect the set piece routines of free kicks and corners. If you compare the number of goals scored via free kicks and corners with the number of goals scored via penalty corners in a hockey match you will get my point.

Also free kicks are only given on fouls and deliberate handballs. Not when 5-6 people are fighting for the same ball and by mistake it strikes your foot.

40 minutes ago, sounak said:

Yeah true. I guess I am upset. Yeah they are good at open play of course that is why they are world champions.

But I strongly disagree to your point that penalty corners are equivalent to set pieces. There is a high amount of skill needed to perfect the set piece routines of free kicks and corners. If you compare the number of goals scored via free kicks and corners with the number of goals scored via penalty corners in a hockey match you will get my point.

Also free kicks are only given on fouls and deliberate handballs. Not when 5-6 people are fighting for the same ball and by mistake it strikes your foot.

The way you are feeling today, I guess the English supporters felt the same after the Qtr final match when GB did everything apart from converting opportunities into Goals, but today in the last Qtr the game was mostly played in our half.

5 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

The way you are feeling today, I guess the English supporters felt the same after the Qtr final match when GB did everything apart from converting opportunities into Goals, but today in the last Qtr the game was mostly played in our half.

True. I guess the green card to Manpreet also played its part. Manpreet should have known better while committing that foul.:cry:

1 hour ago, Steve_RP said:

but the question is, did the final 15 mins see some shoddy umpiring decisions. Especially the penalty shot that was awarded.

I felt few decisions were biased against India. This is not because I support India. The referral where Indian player was pushed and Indian referral was turned down could have been a game changer if India received a Penalty corner. 

The decision where whether Sreejesh was in the line of the ball depends upon the perspective of the video referee.

UCI Rankings 2021

Men Elite Sprint Ranking - Esow   - 42

Men Elite Keirin Ranking  - Esow   - 11

Men Elite 1km Time Trial Ranking - Ronaldo - 51

Esow     - 78

Men Elite Points Race Ranking      - Anil       - 87

Men Elite Omnium Ranking            - Manjeet - 89

Men Elite Scratch Race Ranking   - Venkappa - 83

Men Elite 4km Pursuit Ranking     - Punam - 39

Men Elite Team Sprint Ranking    - 8

Men Elite Team Pursuit Ranking   - 28

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

19 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

I felt few decisions were biased against India. This is not because I support India. The referral where Indian player was pushed and Indian referral was turned down could have been a game changer if India received a Penalty corner. 

The decision where whether Sreejesh was in the line of the ball depends upon the perspective of the video referee.

Nope Mandeep was already on his way down and hence that push didn't get counted. Sreejesh was never inline and hence the penalty Stroke awarded.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

16 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

20210803_150308.jpg

The Sawai Man Singh Hockey Stadium in Jaipur, Rajasthan gets a brand new AstroTurf pitch. ?

20210803_150312.jpg

20210803_150316.jpg

Looks good. We need a stadium of around 5-10k to make it a huge impact. But for people to train its good enough though.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go