website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

4 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

Also saw a guy Tejas has given a terrific time 110m H, btw is AFI planning to send a squad for the upcoming Junior athletics world championships in Kenya?

My previous Post was of him a new Jr National Record T Sirse is none other than Tejas.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

1 hour ago, sounak said:

Also in my opinion if a team is advancing through two matches in the knockout stage with all penalty corners and penalty strokes goals (not counting the last Belgian goal as Sreejesh was substituted), then FIH really needs to think and make some changes so that matches are won more on field goals rather than just hammering the ball from the top of the D.

Completely disagree, we did well this time and hopefully might win bronze, but on the day we got beaten by a team who played better hockey.

29 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

Completely disagree, we did well this time and hopefully might win bronze, but on the day we got beaten by a team who played better hockey.

Well it depends on people's choices I guess. If I draw a football analogy on somedays Portugal or Argentina may play fantastically well and win on a hattrick by a Ronaldo or Messi which has 3 penalty kicks. Some people celebrate that. I choose not to because I feel that justice has not been done to open play from where Portugal or Argentina failed to score. If you want to have penalty strokes and penalty kicks based on interpretations then just start with a penalty shoot out and get done with it rather than 90 minutes of sweating it out.

But @Sanjib I do not deny the fact that India should recognize that PCs are an important component of modern hockey and should have tried to have some penalty corners of their own when they went into the Belgian circle (because they did that quite a lot of times, 20 to be precise against 23).

1 hour ago, sounak said:

But @Sanjib I do not deny the fact that India should recognize that PCs are an important component of modern hockey and should have tried to have some penalty corners of their own when they went into the Belgian circle (because they did that quite a lot of times, 20 to be precise against 23).

but the question is, did the final 15 mins see some shoddy umpiring decisions. Especially the penalty shot that was awarded.

1 hour ago, sounak said:

Well it depends on people's choices I guess. If I draw a football analogy on somedays Portugal or Argentina may play fantastically well and win on a hattrick by a Ronaldo or Messi which has 3 penalty kicks. Some people celebrate that. I choose not to because I feel that justice has not been done to open play from where Portugal or Argentina failed to score. If you want to have penalty strokes and penalty kicks based on interpretations then just start with a penalty shoot out and get done with it rather than 90 minutes of sweating it out.

yaar I know, we are upset at losing but Belgians were doing much more than that. They do depend on Penalty corners a lot but it is not like that they are bad at open play. Football equivalent won't be penalty kicks but penalty kicks, corners and free kicks. And so many games are decided by set pieces only. Nothing wrong in that. Open play main dominate kar rahe the tabhi to Penalty corners mile na. 

Just now, Steve_RP said:

but the question is, did the final 15 mins see some shoddy umpiring decisions. Especially the penalty shot that was awarded.

Honestly, doesn't matter. We were out of gas the moment Belgium went 3-2 up.