website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Madhusudhan said:

In Archery India lost the plot in 2 ways:

1. Atanu performing badly in qualification resulting in combination of Praveen and Deepika, where as atanu and Deepika were doing great as mixed team before Olympics

2. Knowing that Korea will top the qualification India could have avoided 8/9 , 16/17, 32/33 and 64th position so that they can face Korea only in semis... though it's not easy to do it but technically possible

It hurts to see the teams in half other than Korea are the teams which India was defeating earlier

You get what you deserve, pathetic ranking rounds have cost us before, again have cost us here, clearly the ranking rounds are not given much importance in our country and all our athletes do poorly in ranking rounds.

34 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

In my opinion .....a great performance unlike part time fans  Non TO people I mean , who only look at medals is to so your personal best ....Manika you are a heroine to come so far , you brightened the genuine indian  sports fans ....:hatoff:

Yes it was a great performance no doubt. But her participation was marred by off the field controversies like coach not being allowed to enter the arena, refusing to get the services of the national coach, not interested to attend 50 day national workshop post the olympics.

In a mental game like Table Tennis, these thoughts are bound the affect the athlete

3 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

You get what you deserve, pathetic ranking rounds have cost us before, again have cost us here, clearly the ranking rounds are not given much importance in our country and all our athletes do poorly in ranking rounds.

Look how badly were doing even in shooting. Only 1 qualification so far... Countries that win medals consistently talk about conversion rates of final appearances to medals.. Ours is dismal. 

2 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

I am not sure what is the perception of ranking rounds by Indian coaches, but surely experienced archers must know where is the problem. The problem is mental more than anything. Deepika Kumari has been saying for years she is not mentally strong.

Even the PM Narendra Modi had asked the same question during the recent interaction 

16 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

I would say unlucky in ranking rounds.

Considering South Korean team as the default rank 1 in ranking rounds, it was more like avoiding the ninth place.

24 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

I would say unlucky in ranking rounds.

Considering South Korean team as the default rank 1 in ranking rounds, it was more like avoiding the ninth place.

That's what I was saying.... little bit unlucky and may be coach has a role here to look into ranking positions and give advise, otherwise we should be confident enough to beat Koreans...

Had we avoided Koreans in QF including Deepika, there was at least one medal for us to take

I hope Deepika performs up to her potential and reverse the trend of loosing to Koreans in QF.....it's now or never for Deepika