website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

Tomorrow shall be a big day in terms of medals.

Mixed team of rifle and pistol will be in action, Lovlina Borgohain will start her campaign.
And we have the pair of Satwik-Chirag to play against the British pair. Hopefully the minions do us a favour and beat the Taiwan pair, while the British pair have been eliminated and nothing to play for but lets hope Satwik-Chirag are focused

Tennis:

Sumit Nagal bowed out of Men's tennis Singles losing to World no. 2 Daniel Medvedev in straight sets 6-2,6-1 playing valiantly for 66 minutes on the court. And with this, Indian campaign in Tennis comes to an end in this Olympics.

How on earth India drew Korea in quarters in all 3 key events mixed team, men's team and women's individual...

Today indian men's team scored 58 in 2nd round and still lost it....that's standard of Korean archery 

In Archery India lost the plot in 2 ways:

1. Atanu performing badly in qualification resulting in combination of Praveen and Deepika, where as atanu and Deepika were doing great as mixed team before Olympics

2. Knowing that Korea will top the qualification India could have avoided 8/9 , 16/17, 32/33 and 64th position so that they can face Korea only in semis... though it's not easy to do it but technically possible

It hurts to see the teams in half other than Korea are the teams which India was defeating earlier

35 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Table Tennis

Manika Batra bows out of Table Tennis Women's singles after losing to Polcanova from Austria 0-4 .

In my opinion .....a great performance unlike part time fans  Non TO people I mean , who only look at medals is to so your personal best ....Manika you are a heroine to come so far , you brightened the genuine indian  sports fans ....:hatoff:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

28 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

In my opinion .....a great performance unlike part time fans  Non TO people I mean , who only look at medals is to so your personal best ....Manika you are a heroine to come so far , you brightened the genuine indian  sports fans ....:hatoff:

Now we need to take this and develop our TT professionally somehow the federation doesn't seem to give that confidence